Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Say it ain't so Joe, or Moe or Beau. Say it ain't so. That FDR KNEW IN ADVANCE of the planned attack on Pearl Harbor and said nothing! WHY?

Say it ain't so Joe, or Moe or Beau. Say it ain't so. That FDR KNEW IN ADVANCE of the planned attack on Pearl Harbor and said nothing! WHY?

Because he wanted to have the support of the American people to enter World War 2.

So?

Posted - August 18, 2021

Responses

Highly doubtful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_advance-knowledge_conspiracy_theory#:~:text=An%20attack%20by%20Japan%20would,evidence%20he%20did%20is%20nonexistent.

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/06/504449867/no-fdr-did-not-know-the-japanese-were-going-to-bomb-pearl-harbor

If FDR had known of an impending attack, it would have made more sense for our forces to be on alert.
    He could still claim there was a "sneak attack" - but we would have taken out much of the attackers, and weakened Japan's military for the upcoming war.
      August 18, 2021 7:08 AM MDT

I don't know now where I heard that or even when but it really upset me very much to think that anyone would do anything like that. Thank you for your reply and the two links Walt! :)
      August 18, 2021 7:41 AM MDT

As the Wikipedia article states, the theory started shortly after the attack was announced.

On a semi-related note (conspiracy theories), I heard one today.
    The radio station DJs were talking about conspiracy theories that had started as jokes, then took on a life as a "serious" theory.
    They mentioned a theory that some people allegedly believe ... many of the birds in the US are actually survellience drones.
    When the birds are sitting on power lines, they are recharging.
    (I don't know why the government would also program the drones to poop on cars/statues, and they didn't say.  LOL)
      August 18, 2021 9:47 AM MDT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's about as nutjob crackpot as it gets Walt. I mean seriously? I just thought of a question. I know. YOU ARE IN SHOCK! What if we autopsied all the brains of QANONS and other conspiracy theor nutjob crackpots?  You know dissected them to see what makes them tick tock tick tock tick tock? Think we'd find out anything useful? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 18, 2021 9:51 AM MDT

Even if that could be proven now, which it cannot, what difference would it make 80 years after the fact?
      August 18, 2021 7:16 AM MDT

The fact that you have to ask that question is why we are incapable of communicating. If you don't know I can't help you.
      August 18, 2021 7:42 AM MDT

More likely is that you don't have a substantive answer to the question of how such information would change the facts and outcomes of events that happened 80 years ago. Since all the people involved are long dead, there's no way to prove anything, so no substantive answer is even possible. Thus you are doing nothing but engaging in rank, pointless speculation. You might as well ask what if Captain Smith knew the Titanic was going to hit the iceberg but still didn't slow down, or what if the Secret Service knew JFK was going to be shot in Dallas but didn't change the motorcade route or secure the book depository building. Pointless hysterics. Sheesh.
      August 18, 2021 8:01 AM MDT