Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It is impossible to assess SIMPLE or COMPLEX with regard to a project until you begin it. Many landmines are hidden there in. Agree/dis?

It is impossible to assess SIMPLE or COMPLEX with regard to a project until you begin it. Many landmines are hidden there in. Agree/dis?

I was an INTERNAL AUDITOR.

My job was to investigate research examine what might appear to be ok on the surface but rotten inside within deep down.

I never judged them as easy or hard simple or complex. Because I never KNEW what my examining would lead to so they were just cases to review all alike at the beginning.

So sometimes what looks like an extremely lengthy arduous path to finding the truth lies within solving multiple problems. Sometimes it was one glaring thing that when fixed solved everything. There is no way to tell in advance. No way.

So the best thing to do is allot however much time is required to get to the truth.  It could be a few hours, weeks or longer. One thing leads to another which may lead to two more or four or multiples.

Snap judgments can be a downfall because you are short-sheeting yourself in advance and therefore will not be  thorough or take enough time to be assured that what you think is all there is. Sometimes there is more.

Of course it is always possible to force a review to reach/fit a preset conclusion. That is how some folks do it.

That is not the RIGHT way but it is A WAY.

Posted - August 18, 2021

Responses