Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think it's odd but maybe you don't. The very selfish self-centered self-aggrandizing self-involved take great pride in it. WHY?

I think it's odd but maybe you don't. The very selfish self-centered self-aggrandizing self-involved take great pride in it. WHY?

They strut their stuff taking victory laps all about them themselves their selfish selves as if it makes them very special and valuable and above the crowd and superior.

Well does it?

Posted - August 19, 2021

Responses

Isn't being selfish, self-aggrandizing and self-involved  the definition of pride?
      August 19, 2021 5:26 PM MDT

I don't know but I will look it up. My dictionary is always open on a TV tray within reach of me when I'm here. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I shall pause now while I look it up. Back in a flash.

PRIDE
    "A high or inordinant opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit or superiority as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.  The state or being of feeling proud. A becoming or dignified sense of self or what is due to oneself or one's position or character." I see nothing about selfish self-aggrandizing or self-involved...well maybe self-involved short-term temporarily? FYI.
      August 21, 2021 11:41 AM MDT

Yes, there are several definitions for the "word" pride.   However, that wasn't what I was aiming at.  Rather that first line you wrote - "A high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit or superiority".  
      August 21, 2021 12:20 PM MDT

Oh. Okay. I getcha! Thank you for the clarification Shuhak! :)
      August 21, 2021 12:23 PM MDT