Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I know you are totally completely absolutely content being who/whom you are and living where you do. But what if?

I know you are totally completely absolutely content being who/whom you are and living where you do. But what if?

You could "visit" being someone else living someplace else just to see what it would be like?

A movie or TV show or book or play or poem? Knowing you could absolutely stay forever there if you liked it but also being assured that you could come back to being you living where you do?

So? Any takers out there or is it way to scary even to imagine a what if?

For me it would be CANNERY ROW. I wrote its author John Steinbeck a 28-page fan leader long ago and received a postcard from him in his own handwriting which I obviously TREASURE BEYOND MEASURE. Dated May 9, 1964 he addressed specifically the questions I asked him and I still can't believe it. All these many decades later.

I visited Cannery Row when a friend and I drove up the coast to San Francisco. Yes. Those people really existed and that time and place was so well represented in his early works.

If you are familiar with them you know what I mean. If not no matter.

Posted - August 23, 2021

Responses