Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per white house "42,000 have been evacuated as of Sunday. A long way to go." WHAT? How many did we have there? How many translators?

Per white house "42,000 have been evacuated as of Sunday. A long way to go." WHAT? How many did we have there? How many translators?

Did every American soldier have a translator by his side at all times?

How many more thousands of ours and our translators AND THEIR FAMILIES ARE STILL THERE?

Joe says that deadline may have to be extended. The Taliban says better not try or there will be devastating consequences.

Between Scylla and  Charybdis
Once again that's where we end

Posted - August 23, 2021

Responses

Not every soldier had a translator.
    But besides translators, there were thousands of Afghan civilians working as support for American and Allied forces.
    Plus thousands more who would be seen as "traitors" by the Taliban ... people like teachers, police, technicians, contractors, etc.
    ANYBODY who willingly worked with the US/Allied forces, in any way whatsoever.

For example:  The Afghan girls' robotics team.
    Those who did not flee the country during the Taliban advance, are in hiding and fear for their lives.
      August 23, 2021 7:57 AM MDT

OMG! I have to rethink this. The scale is a lot more bigger than I thought. Thank you for the info Walt. I appreciate it. This post was edited by RosieG at August 23, 2021 8:02 AM MDT
      August 23, 2021 8:01 AM MDT

It's Guano Trump's fault.
      August 23, 2021 8:08 AM MDT