Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those of you who enjoy volunteering what is your favorite type of FUNDRAISER? Why?

For those of you who enjoy volunteering what is your favorite type of FUNDRAISER? Why?

Posted - August 24, 2021

Responses

Other than societies of which I am a member, I am a supporter rather than one of the volunteers - and then my favourite event raising money for the host organisation is a coffee-morning, with tea or coffee and a portion of home-made cake!
      August 24, 2021 3:25 PM MDT

Of course without supporters there would be no help for them. But I worked for a couple who owned McDonald's restaurants and they were involved with building the Ronald McDonald House in Loma Linda, California. In case you don't it is a place where families of children who are very ill can stay to be close by. There is NO CHARGE to them. There are individual rooms, a shared kitchen and food is always stocked there. The one in Loma Linda is across the street from the LOMA LINDA CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. There are many Ronald McDonald Houses all over the country supported by the owner-operators of the restaurants and corporate who owns restaurants too. We had some fundraisers that were really fun. My sis and brother-in-law participated in one once upon a time. It was going to be a relay race and we met at 5:30am to get our assignments. We had to set up cones around the city to guide/direct the runners. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine.
      August 25, 2021 2:46 AM MDT