Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Humans do well when they have both CARROT and STICK." Why do you need either one TO DO THE RIGHT THING?

"Humans do well when they have both CARROT and STICK." Why do you need either one TO DO THE RIGHT THING?

Posted - August 24, 2021

Responses

I don't need either one. Doing the right thing, whether for myself or for someone else comes naturally to me.
      August 24, 2021 8:42 AM MDT

Because humans are naturally self-centered.  
    It is a survival instince honed during hundreds of thousands of years prior to civilization.
      August 24, 2021 9:02 AM MDT

The selfish greedy seedy needy POLITICAL retards get stuck there and become pols who screw we the people. But there are among us some very fine people who do actually devote their lives to helping others. Now of course we hear that they may suffer from a MARTYR COMPLEX or they get satisfaction out of knowing they made a difference in someone's life. Not so much from the "someone" perspective but from their good feelings that are generated about themselves. I can't speak to that in specifics but I know there are folks who sincerely seriously enjoy helping others. Perhaps it gives them a sense of purpose. I just thought of a question to ask about that.Bet you can guess what it is? Thank you for your reply Walt.
      August 24, 2021 11:49 AM MDT