Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When and why did America VOLUNTEER to be the TRAFFIC COP for the world? Who delivered us up for that and WHY?

When and why did America VOLUNTEER to be the TRAFFIC COP for the world? Who delivered us up for that and WHY?

Don't worry. America will handle it.
Have no fear. America is on the job
Leave it to the Americans to solve

Well? Who is responsible for this?

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

Volunteer?  Ha!  We created the position!
      August 26, 2021 5:38 PM MDT

Do you know WHY?
      August 27, 2021 2:14 AM MDT

Ego, perhaps?  We seem to enjoy telling other people what they can and cannot do.  I don't know the exact "first time" we did it.  Perhaps it was when we dumped England.  Maybe it gave us a swelled head.  
      August 27, 2021 12:49 PM MDT

Well reading THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE lists all our grievances against King James 1. I think we were justified. But I'm first generation. My roots don't go back centuries to the Mayflower. They were Brits who arrived here and began a transformation. Evoluting as it were. At what point should it have stopped? At what point had we evoluted to our very best? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 28, 2021 12:42 PM MDT
      August 28, 2021 1:53 AM MDT

Just for clarification - King George III ruled Great Britain when the US rebelled.  King James I died in 1625.  He was the king who "authorized" a translation of the bible (the King James Version).
      August 28, 2021 12:51 PM MDT

How odd. I got it right but thought I got it wrong. It happens. I wonder how many of the FOOTOOHEADS have ever read THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE? EVERY WORD OF IT?

I bet nil none zip zero zilch. Yes. I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure they never bother. They just swallow whole the crap they are fed by their handlers.
      August 29, 2021 1:01 AM MDT

I'm willing to bet that most US citizens haven't read it.  Granted some were supposed to have read parts of it in school so they could briefly parrot back to pass a test, but I seriously doubt many even did that much.
      August 29, 2021 10:22 AM MDT

Me too. I betcha especially the second amendment saps who blather and gibberish and defend their rights to guns! Phony fakes. Dumbhead jerks. Traitors committing TREASON and haters committing all that is evil devil satan. A pox on them! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 29, 2021 10:52 AM MDT

They too quote a document they never read (the constitution).  They just repeat what they hear other people say - and those other people never read it either.  People love to read into it whatever fits THEIR agenda, not necessarily what it actually says.
      August 29, 2021 11:19 AM MDT

Well my standard reply? AARRGGHH! I have never found anything better to communicate/indicate my complete frustration that there are so many who don't know how to think and what's worse? They have no interest in it. Thinking done by others gets them off the hook. They just copycat it. See how easy it is? Repeat repeat repeat repeat. Of course you bore the he** out of everyone but your own ilk thinks you are swell as he** and that's all you care about? So much for that. They are now all that they will ever be. They exult in it. We barf thinking about it! Different strokes! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 29, 2021 11:35 AM MDT
      August 29, 2021 11:26 AM MDT

Greed comes to mind.
      August 27, 2021 12:51 PM MDT

GREED? That came out of left field for me Zack. Could you please explain/clarify what you mean? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      August 28, 2021 2:01 AM MDT

President Truman.

After WW2, he did not do as every President had done before ... reducing our military to pre-war levels.
    Instead, he promoted our military as the "peacekeeper" of the new world order.  The US/allies vs Soviets/allies vs Chinese Communists/allies.

And, of course, a large military has to be justified ... so we had to go to "protect" the interests of our allies, the French, who were pulling out of Asia.  Which led to our involvement in Korea and VietNam.  In the name of stopping Communist aggression, of course.
      August 27, 2021 1:06 PM MDT

WHAT? I always thought of Truman as a mild cautious adequate okey dokey president. I guess I always though wrong. What a terrible thing to do. Now we're stuck with what he did decades ago. Boy what a bummer. Thank you for your reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 28, 2021 2:07 AM MDT
      August 28, 2021 2:04 AM MDT