Active Now

Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Pink/blue.Girls/boys.. "Are you in the pink"( in your prime?) "Are you blue" meaning are ya depressed/sad? Girl good/boy not so hot?

Pink/blue.Girls/boys.. "Are you in the pink"( in your prime?) "Are you blue" meaning are ya depressed/sad? Girl good/boy not so hot?

PINK. "Highest form or degree. Prime." A runner in the pink of condition is at his/her prime.
BLUE. "Depressed, dejected, melancholy.  Holding or offering little hope; bleak, dismal" "Somewhat obscene, risque"

So being in the pink is a good thing. Being blue is not so hot.  How did blue become associated with boys and pink become associated with girls? Boys are not supposed to like pink?  Girls are supposed to avoid blue?

Posted - November 1, 2016

Responses

years ago I read that the pink, being a higher vibration of red, is actually MASCULINE, as Mars, the red planet, is the 'god of war', and rules things masculine.

and BLUE is the color of Venus, which is the 'feminine' planet.....

so how the hell this got all mixed up, I have no idea.

but in an ideal world, little boys would be in pink blankets, and little girls in blue!!!!

weird, huh?
      November 8, 2016 8:29 AM MST

Strange/weird/inexplicable. Indeed. Thank you for your informative reply ben and Happy Wednesday. :( The unhappy face is not related to your answer in any way. I'm just really unhappy today.
      November 9, 2016 6:58 AM MST

Sounds like someone is comparing girls to a glass half- full and boys to the half-empty glass.  That perception is very depressing. 

Blue is a very soothing color.  It is serene and not SAD nor Depressed.   It is easily one of the most beautiful colors.  The sky is blue and when that happens, it signifies happiness.  As in the song Blue Skies. 

GREY, drab greens  and browns and/or mottled colors go that depression route more than blue does.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 8, 2016 8:36 AM MST
      November 8, 2016 8:35 AM MST

Once upon a time many years ago I asked a question on Answerbag that I thought might provoke some flak but every answer I received was polite/civil and one was memorable. Here is the question..."WHAT IF GOD WERE GAY"?  The memorable answer was "THAT WOULD ACCOUNT FOR RAINBOWS". I have never forgotten that. It is probably my favorite question and perhaps will always remain so. Not one insult. Not one negative reply. Very thoughtful replies and as I recall I got a lot of hits on the question. My questions are not popular WW because I ask them for me. When I find that one of them clicks with others it always surprises me.  Thank you for your thoughtful answer m'dear and Happy Wednesday. :( The unhappy face is due to the unhappy conclusion in the prez election. It has nothing to do with thee! This post was edited by RosieG at November 9, 2016 6:56 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 6:55 AM MST