Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I know I can GOOGLE it but I really don't need an answer. I just wonder how many GOLD STAR FAMILIES there are now? And if they are doing OK?

I know I can GOOGLE it but I really don't need an answer. I just wonder how many GOLD STAR FAMILIES there are now? And if they are doing OK?

Yes we know there is no draft. Those in the military voluntarily joined. They knew what that meant.

I never lost anyone in war. I'm one of the lucky ones. Have you?

Posted - August 29, 2021

Responses

I imagine that there is 1000s and 1000s of Gold Star famillys. And I imagine that some of them aren't OK  because they remember how their president blamed them for him catching covid-19. Trump had no one to blame but himself because he took no steps to protect himself or the people around him but he still put the blame on the Gold Star  familly. Cheers!
      August 29, 2021 5:25 PM MDT

I will never forget that father who always carries a copy of the United States Constitution in his pocket. how fine and noble and intelligent he is compared to footoo. More to come as well I expect. Death in war is inevitable. But if it is for a NOBLE CAUSE and ACCOMPLISHES what it set out to do then at least we are left with something of value. But in Afghanistan? We don't know anyone who died there but millions of others do. They are burdened with that loss the rest of their lives. For what? Will we (homo saps) futurely keep engaging in futile things that end in needless deaths? Of course. There is something deep inside that seems to need feeding and going to war is one of its downsides. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      August 30, 2021 1:28 AM MDT