Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why is everything these days backwards?

Responses

I wanted to read the article, but you have to remove your ad blocker to do so and I'm not doing that.
      October 16, 2021 8:49 AM MDT

I don't get an ad....but I use the Brave browser.   I do not turn off ad blocker either when using other browers. 

Basically some kids displayed the confederate flag for some school function leading up to homecoming.  And the black students and a few white students planned to protest the flag.  All the black students were suspended (the few whites protesters were not). The article does not say the protest was violent etc. 

Just crazy. Principal needs removed and likely the entire school board. 
      October 16, 2021 8:59 AM MDT

I agree that if all of the "protesters" were doing the same thing, they should all have been suspended.  
      October 16, 2021 9:10 AM MDT

HA!
    Now, were I one of those suspended ... I would use the opportunity to protest on the sidewalk outside the school during the entire suspension.
    If possible, block the driveway used by teachers, students, and buses.  (Pedestrian on sidewalk has right-of-way, after all.)
      October 18, 2021 10:51 AM MDT

I never do it either.
      October 16, 2021 2:25 PM MDT

Just opens the door to more ads and there are already enough of them to deal with. :)
      October 16, 2021 3:22 PM MDT

It's disheartening and appalling to see hypocrisy, double standards, and racism rearing their ugly head. Especially by people who should know better. If they are going to suspend students for protesting, make sure everyone, regardless of color, is suspended. And the people who made the decision to suspend only the black students should be removed from office. Life is already difficult enough for many people to navigate without having clowns like this in seats of authority making even more difficult. As always, just my frank opinion.
      October 17, 2021 7:18 AM MDT

Exactly.
      October 18, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

Thank you for the askers pick. :)
      October 18, 2021 10:48 PM MDT