Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How many would you like to order for Thanksgiving, Chanukah and/or Christmas?

How many would you like to order for Thanksgiving, Chanukah and/or Christmas?

Americans, in groups of at least five, can now sponsor Afghan refugees through a U.S. private refugee sponsorship program. Before, the process relied on nonprofits.  Order early - avoid the holiday rush.

Posted - October 25, 2021

Responses

I wouldn't sponsor any Afghan refugees.  I instead prefer to sponsor/help the citizens of my own community first. Which I do through local agencies and directly, face to face.
      October 25, 2021 4:12 PM MDT

I do believe that there are oppressed people whom we should try to help, but there are so many in the world today that it would be impossible to help them all.  We have so many Americans who need assistance that to take on every immigrant would wants to come here is ludicrous.  We sunk trillions of dollars into Afghanistan in an attempt  to get them to fend for themselves and they are no better off than before we went there.  Our money goes to the leaders - not those whom we want to help.  Same with Haiti and some African countries.  I have come to the conclusion that if the Afghans truly wanted a democracy, we could have helped them achieve it.  They didn't want to fight for it themselves and I can't see losing another American to their cause.
      October 25, 2021 9:50 PM MDT

No. Thank you. 

Those who helped us during the war there should have been helped by Biden. 
      October 26, 2021 6:38 AM MDT

"... groups of at least 5..."

So much for getting a "mail order bride" without having to pay the transportation cost from another country.

October 26, 2021 2:21 PM MDT