Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If you could load content of your mind/ brain into a talking computer, do you think you could enjoy a good conversation with yourself?

If you could load content of your mind/ brain into a talking computer, do you think you could enjoy a good conversation with yourself?

" Hey remember that time..."

Posted - November 3, 2021

Responses

I already enjoy good conversations with myself; even the occasional banter.  Dinnertime conversation can get a bit heated, and one of us (I won't mention any names) likes to talk with their mouth full.  Gross!  We had to curtail bedtime conversations, as neither of us was getting any sleep.  Unfortunately, one of us is starting to forget some things, although they refuse to admit it  (hint: it isn't me).
      November 3, 2021 12:44 PM MDT

I remember when the C-64 was new ... and had a magazine devoted to it.
    The magazine would have a couple DIY programs, each issue.
    One of the programs was for an early version of "AI" - that would ask random questions you could set up.
    The default questions were things like: "How was your day?" ... "How did that make you feel?" ... and, of course, "Why?".
    If you programmed vague enough questions, people would actually believe they were holding a conversation with the computer.
      November 3, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

That's pretty good!
      November 3, 2021 5:23 PM MDT

Who needs a computer? 
      November 3, 2021 7:50 PM MDT