Discussion » Questions » Shopping » If you have ordered online from Walmart, are they using Uber drivers to deliver in your area?

If you have ordered online from Walmart, are they using Uber drivers to deliver in your area?

Walmart has used them on two of my ship to home orders.  Do the drivers expect a tip? I did not ask for Uber and expected it to be shipped via UPS or US Postal etc. 

Drivers actually texted me directly asking if I wanted them to leave the package at my door.  I texted "Yes, please." I did not tip them.

Posted - November 14, 2021

Responses

I would not think an Walmart employee would be allowed to take a tip. 

I normally do not have any contact with the delivery people either. The two different Uber drivers contacted me directly via my cell my phone. 
      November 14, 2021 4:55 PM MST

Oh.  Well, no one called.  I just found the stuff on the front porch.  I don't think that came via UPS or FEDEX so maybe this is the new way.  I like it.  I got everything very fast too.  And the toilet paper wasn't squished like it sometimes is.  :)
      November 14, 2021 5:22 PM MST

Sounds like they are using Uber/Grub/etc or perhaps Walmart workers for some deliveries in your area, as well.  Did Walmart text you something like this: "Your driver Stephanie is on the way and will leave your order by the door by 1:45." ?  
    I received that and a text directly from Stephanie asking if she should leave it by the door. 
      November 15, 2021 4:44 AM MST

I think the whole point of this service is that it is contactlless, therefore no tipping. If tips were expected you would be provided a way to do it online.
      November 16, 2021 2:56 AM MST

Very good point. :)
      November 16, 2021 12:59 PM MST

No.
    I honestly don't think we even have Uber drivers in my area.  The couple times I've looked into it, due to my vehicle being in maintenance, there were no Uber rides available.

That is strange that they would use Uber.
    I mean FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc ... all insure packages with a minimum, which you can increase for extra cost.
    Who insures if Uber damages your package?
      November 15, 2021 8:34 AM MST

I would think Walmart is in charge of the product reaching the customer.  I do not know if Uber etc is offering insurance.  I know other places here are using Door Dash for deliveries as well. 
      November 15, 2021 1:09 PM MST