Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Randy D
Thebigd
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you see that House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy broke the record for longest floor speech in at least 112 years, talking for 8½ hours?

Did you see that House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy broke the record for longest floor speech in at least 112 years, talking for 8½ hours?

The Earth is now 2 degrees Celciius warmer.  This also proves that the GOP is full of hot air.

Posted - November 19, 2021

Responses

Did anyone ever think to put a time limit to such things? After that, the mic gets cut off? This post was edited by Zack at November 19, 2021 11:34 AM MST
      November 19, 2021 6:17 AM MST

Apparently not.  He spoke in order to delay the vote on Biden's social spending bill.  The Republicans stayed in the Chamber all night and gave him a standing ovation when he finished.  These are the idiots who are running this country.  We're in deep doo-doo.
      November 19, 2021 6:31 AM MST

The democrats have screwed up a bit, but nothing like the GOP. Is that enough for the GOP to win the majority in the House and Senate? If it is, we are way too far gone and potential voters are straight-up stupid.
      November 19, 2021 6:35 AM MST

Unfortunately, I think the GOP will prevail in the mid-terms unless the Dems pull a rabbit out of a hat.  Then we'll really be screwed because Biden will never get anything through.  It will be like the GOP's decision to thwart anything Obama proposed.  
      November 19, 2021 6:39 AM MST

I picture a meme for Depends (adult diapers), with his picture and the caption: 8.5 hours, and no leaks

hahahahahahahahaha
      November 19, 2021 8:57 AM MST