Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If our Christian Messiah, Jesus, lived today in flesh, what politicians would he offend? He offended the Pharisees back then.

If our Christian Messiah, Jesus, lived today in flesh, what politicians would he offend? He offended the Pharisees back then.

He offended them about "everything"!

Posted - July 3, 2016

Responses

Pretty much all of them.

(Psalm 2:1, 2) Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.
    (Acts 4:25, 26) and who said through holy spirit by the mouth of our forefather David, your servant: ‘Why did nations become agitated and peoples meditate on empty things? 26 The kings of the earth took their stand and the rulers gathered together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one.’
    (Revelation 16:14) They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.
    (Revelation 19:19) And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the one seated on the horse and against his army.
    (Daniel 2:44) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,

(John 18:35, 36) Pilate replied: “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What did you do?” 36 Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016288

Maintain Your Neutrality in a Divided World

“Pay back . . . God’s things to God.”—MATT. 22:21.

July 3, 2016 10:34 AM MDT

I am pretty sure he would offend ALL of them. He had this thing about hypocricy, you know ;-))

July 3, 2016 10:36 AM MDT