Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » "I gets weary and sick of tryin,I'm tired of livin' and skeered of dyin'.". What would make you feel that way and why?

"I gets weary and sick of tryin,I'm tired of livin' and skeered of dyin'.". What would make you feel that way and why?

Posted - November 3, 2016

Responses

Nothing, I'm not *skeered of *dyin.  I know where I'm going. 
      November 3, 2016 6:38 AM MDT

Good for you! Hope you encounter no obstacles to prevent you from getting there. Thank you for your reply MS and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 3, 2016 10:33 AM MDT

Depression.
    Lupus
    Dementia
    etc.
      November 3, 2016 7:52 AM MDT

I worked with a gal who had Lupus. I felt very sorry for her. Dementia is what I fear the most. Depression is something that afflicts me rarely and temporarily. Thank you for your reply ele and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 3, 2016 10:35 AM MDT

November 3, 2016 8:52 AM MDT

You would prefer to be dead or in a coma for the rest of your life? Why?  Mahalo for your reply OS. Why?
      November 3, 2016 10:36 AM MDT

• Felt that way when depressed, though never scared of dying.

You've been lucky, Rosie, to experience it only sometimes and briefly; perhaps blessed in your genes or in your circumstances, the origins that gave rise to your thinking and attitudes to life.

It was the bane of my life, and it's only in recent years that I've learned how to overcome and prevent it.
      November 4, 2016 12:23 AM MDT

I have a dear friend who has experienced clinical depression hartfire. As he describes his worst times  it sounds so sad. I think in his case there may be a genetic component because he told me his family suffers from it too to one degree or another. Meds do help mitigate the worst aspects of it. I've read that chemical imbalance can also cause it.  I would like to die as my dad did. He took a nap before he was scheduled to go to work. He used to work the night shift at a machine shop He never woke up. He was only 54.  He had been a heavy smoker and I think that is what caused his heart problems. I saw him lying there on the sofa and he had a slight smile on his face. He looked so peaceful. His doctor had told him to quit smoking and he did cold turkey but I guess he didn't quit soon enough. The unknown does cause some apprehension for me assuming there is a hereafter. There may be nothing at all. But I would not want to linger in pain. I  believe in euthanasia under those circumstances. I'm very happy that you  learned how to overcome depression hartfire. Life is really awesome most of the time (present 2016 American presidential election excepted. None of it is awesome...all of it is disgusting and terrifying! :( ) Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :) 
      November 4, 2016 4:32 AM MDT

• Thanks for your generous response, Rosie.

Genes and the chemistry of neurotransmitters are virtually the same thing in my view - the former causes the latter.

I do know that part of my problem has been genetic -
    but it was my internal mental patterns (combined with external stressors) that used to tip the balance for me the balance.

Did the med thing several years, side effects no good long term.
    therapy 12 years
    Vipassana meditation, 4 X 10 day courses plus personal practise.
    All helped a lot. None on its own helped enough.
    In the end, developing my formula for mental hygiene and vigilance is what worked best.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 4, 2016 9:09 PM MDT
      November 4, 2016 9:03 PM MDT

• Grey skies
      November 4, 2016 5:16 PM MDT
  • Bez

Finding out that a seahorse was responsible for my personal idiosyncrasies.
      November 4, 2016 5:17 PM MDT

having bad experiences can make you feel that way
      November 5, 2016 8:28 PM MDT