Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » If Covid shots safe why are drug comp not going countries that will/can not give them liability for any injuries caused by their products?

If Covid shots safe why are drug comp not going countries that will/can not give them liability for any injuries caused by their products?

https://www.reuters.com/world/refugees-lack-covid-shots-because-drugmakers-fear-lawsuits-documents-2021-12-16/

Posted - December 16, 2021

Responses

How many refugees have full medical records?
    ALL drugs have possible side effects.
    Without a full medical history / exam - why should drug manufacturers take the risk?

"I don't know if I'm allergic to your drug, give it to me."

"Do you promise not to sue us if you have an allergic reaction?"

"Hell, no.  I'll sue your pants off."

"Then we aren't going to give you the drug."

{Ridiculous public outrage against the drug company}

December 16, 2021 11:59 AM MST

Why do they need no liability in countries like the US where that information is available?

Are Walgreens/Walmart/CVS etc taking a full exam and medical history when they give the Covid shot?    This post was edited by my2cents at December 16, 2021 12:33 PM MST
      December 16, 2021 12:14 PM MST

Because humans are stupid.

"This door to remain unlocked during business hours."
      December 16, 2021 12:31 PM MST

No other product is exempt from liability if their product harms people. 
      December 16, 2021 12:34 PM MST

Every time I've received a vaccination (not just Covid), I have had to sign a liability waiver.
    Of course it states that you shouldn't take the vaccine if you are allergic to the ingredients, or have certain conditions, and should consult your physician first.  But who reads all that?  Nobody.  (Just like the EULA for software that nobody reads.  LOL)
      December 16, 2021 1:05 PM MST