Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » I just saw a site when attempting to re-long on here that dissed Answer Mug as being filled with argumentative children. Agree?

I just saw a site when attempting to re-long on here that dissed Answer Mug as being filled with argumentative children. Agree?

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Posted - November 3, 2016

Responses

• I recognise the MO too - a specific troll with a gripe about being kicked off aM. He was reported and warned countless times, given plenty of temporary bans and probations, and still persisted in really vile attempts to engender rage and hatred. Sharonna stood up to him openly, and it was just her bad luck that issue happened to be his last chance. He openly vowed vengeance against me and others. Seconds later I had a cyber attack, the only one I've ever had. I'm just grateful that my instinct was to pull the plug on my laptop.

November 4, 2016 1:59 AM MDT

There are five reviews about AM there.  None of them sound like something you wrote. 
      November 3, 2016 8:06 PM MDT

• I didn't write any of them.  I commented on the one I got accused of writing,  but I didn't write it. 
      November 3, 2016 8:16 PM MDT

I think any regulars will know, and I read your blog on the subject too. I'm not aware about who accused you, and I'm not sure I want to know. They seem being mostly interested in stirring up this place. One way of doing this will be making accusations based on circumstantial evidence. I do recognise Sharonnas frustrated words in the post on that dubious site. However anyone of us, even non-members, or even belittled ex-members (no names mentioned) could access this site (without logging in) and follow any thread inside any of Sharonnas posts about this topic here at aM. If they got nothing else to do, that will suit them. Even more they will be laughing their guts now on how they created this dispute between the two of you, Karen and Sharonna. I agree with PeaPod, accusations (with or without proofed evidence) should not be thrown around in the public space. Keep it in private between the two of you, or involve JA if there have been any violations of TOS. That's how mature people deal with stuff like this. This goes for everyone, including myself. Any other way will stir up and create a hostile and yes, childish environment. End of rant. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 4, 2016 10:04 AM MDT
      November 4, 2016 1:36 AM MDT

Hey, I resemble that remark...;-D...
      November 3, 2016 6:12 PM MDT

gtravels was the first person I ever heard say that and I always think of her when you say it.  I miss her. 

I think I've seen someone else around here use the term. 
      November 3, 2016 10:44 PM MDT

• I miss her too. Loved when she called people Sparky. :(
      November 4, 2016 11:49 AM MDT

• Tapioca reminds me of Maude ... can't make this stuff up. 
      November 3, 2016 7:04 PM MDT

• Sometimes we are.
    This string is a good example.

We actually argue in all kinds of ways, not just childishly.

And we rant, complain, ask for sympathy or advice, commiserate, agree, laugh, share, appreciate, riddle, quiz... This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 4, 2016 12:01 PM MDT
      November 3, 2016 11:16 PM MDT

There really is a huge difference in how we hash things out here and how it's done in some other places.  I never walk away from here thinking it's personal.
      November 4, 2016 9:30 AM MDT

People can disagree and yet be civil.  Unfortunately for SOME it's a cry for attention when they just argue to hear themselves...lol

I enjoy this site because I don't feel like I'm talking to a bunch of kids.  I don't expect to agree with everybody, but  I've not had problems with anybody who expresses their views
    This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at November 4, 2016 11:17 AM MDT
      November 4, 2016 11:08 AM MDT

• I think that we have, very convincingly, answered the main question.
      November 3, 2016 11:30 PM MDT