Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Biden administration says border sovereignty should be respected. Surprised?

Biden administration says border sovereignty should be respected. Surprised?

“Because it goes to a very fundamental principle of all nations, which is that our borders should be inviolate, that our sovereignty should be respected..."

Too bad, he was talking about Ukraine's border. 

Think they will apply this line of thought to the American border? 

Posted - January 26, 2022

Responses

Is he sending any military aid to Ukraine?
    If not, it's just more hot air.

At least the Brits are sending anti-tank missiles and trainers.

btw - there's a YouTube video that gives a pretty good explaination why Putin wants to control Ukraine.
    From the Russian viewpoint, it seems rational that Ukraine joining NATO - or even allying with them - is a serious threat to Russia.
    Ukraine is the main buffer Russia has against an invasion from Europe.  (EG: Napolean and Hitler)
    Kiev is also the birthplace of Russian culture.

If our diplomats don't take those points into account, we won't find an acceptable outcome.
      January 26, 2022 12:41 PM MST

I understand the U.S. has sent, and is continuing to send, ammunition and other material to Ukraine along with trainers for their military.
      January 26, 2022 1:23 PM MST

The only thing I have found that they are saying they received from the US is 200,000 lbs of ammo. But that is certainly better than the blankets Obama sent. 

January 26, 2022 2:12 PM MST

I think you misunderstand the meaning of sovereignty and inviolate borders. Unless Canada or Mexico are amassing troops at our borders and I haven't heard about it?
      January 26, 2022 5:48 PM MST

We have millions of illegal crossing the  border on a regular basis.  That is a threat to our country's sovereignty.  
      January 27, 2022 5:40 AM MST

I am at a loss as to how immigrants are a threat to our status as a sovereign nation or as to how they could affect the location of our borders. Please do enlighten me.

January 27, 2022 9:04 AM MST

You do not believe people illegally entering our country infreferes with our laws and they way we govern our country? 
    We have states who are allowing those same illegals to vote in our elections. Nullifying legal citizens vote. Illegals are having a say in how we govern our country that is the very definition of sovereignty.  
      February 4, 2022 7:48 AM MST