Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Shuhak
Pet Eater
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Did you ever have an idea for an invention, but for lack of resources and time, you were unable to persue it?

Did you ever have an idea for an invention, but for lack of resources and time, you were unable to persue it?

I had two. Cell phones (my wife thought I was crazy), and a method of easily curving the surface of a telescope mirror. A University of Arizona professor stole that one from me.

Posted - March 21, 2022

Responses

Are you kidding?  I had a million of them!  The only three I can recall now, however, are bulbs that glow in the dark (I was going to call them Dark Destroyers), shoes with little wheels attached to the sides of them (I chose the name Go Go Galoshes) and a sundial that would make a distinct sound when the shadow reached a certain hour (the Wake-O-Rama).  I could have been a billionaire!!!

This post was edited by bevo at March 22, 2022 9:35 AM MDT
      March 21, 2022 5:42 PM MDT

I’d like to order a lifetime supply of those light bulbs, please. Thank you. 

~

March 21, 2022 6:04 PM MDT

Alas, someone beat me to the patent office!  I am no longer legally qualified to produce the Dark Destroyers!
      March 21, 2022 6:08 PM MDT

March 21, 2022 6:52 PM MDT

I was thinking having a drawer on the floorboard in the back seat of cars, o when stuff went down in the seat we would have a way to get them back.
      March 21, 2022 6:56 PM MDT

*pursue*

March 21, 2022 8:38 PM MDT

Wow. You got it before Randy.
      March 22, 2022 9:36 AM MDT

And Stu.

~

March 22, 2022 12:30 PM MDT

Gosh El........SHAZAM!
      March 21, 2022 8:40 PM MDT

I have ideas "all" the time.  If I only had a microscope and a lab to work in, If I only had another musical instrument.  If I only had a quick-fire kiln and all the accessories.  If I only had fragile tissue paper, in silver white and gold and various sizes and canvas. If I only had high end photography equipment. If I only had a place to store used car parts for my art, blow torch etc,  If I only had.......yadda yada yada.  I've learned about tools only being able to afford the cheap ones until I had an opportunity to use the good ones.  Forget the project unless you can get the best or better than usual.  The end results will reflect the difference and the better tools gives you freedom to try the unexpected. 
    Part of the problem is particular inspiration may only come by once and then it is gone.  I wonder how many people have had life and world changing ideas but without a way to bring it into fruition it becomes lost until the next person comes along and hopefully has better resources or luck. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at March 23, 2022 6:48 PM MDT
      March 23, 2022 9:15 AM MDT