Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Making the right decision is infinitely better than feeling reteroactive regret. What is retroactive regret worth? Why?

Making the right decision is infinitely better than feeling reteroactive regret. What is retroactive regret worth? Why?

Posted - November 5, 2016

Responses

Hi Rosie,

What's it worth?  As far as I'm concerned, regrets have no value.  Throughout my life, I've made my share of mistakes, but I choose to live with no regrets.  They can't change the course of events nor the outcome and they can become a heavy burden if you allow it.   If I can say to myself that I'm happy with the person I've become, I can't have regrets, because I'm not only the sum of my successes, but of my mistakes as well.
      November 7, 2016 3:39 AM MST

Very astute and profound reply PC which is what I have come to expect from thee. Yes. You have spoiled me m'dear. I totally agree with thee. Regrets are worth nothing. Learning from your successes and failures is worth everything. Among the saddest words I've heard are "If I had only....". Well you didn't so you just move on and hope you've learned the right lesson from it. Which raises another question and you will see that question next. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Monday to thee my friend! :)
      November 7, 2016 4:05 AM MST