Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever been a victim of road rage, oral or physical?

Have you ever been a victim of road rage, oral or physical?

I mean someone else's road rage. 

Posted - November 7, 2016

Responses

When you say victim do you mean victim of someone else's?
      November 7, 2016 5:54 PM MST

• Yes. I shall rephrase the question. Thank you. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 7, 2016 8:22 PM MST
      November 7, 2016 5:58 PM MST

hahaha
    several
      November 7, 2016 6:45 PM MST
  • Bez

I've had lots of verbal abuse from insane drivers, but that's all so far. I did once get a kicking from a pavement cyclist though, but that wasn't on the road (where the cyclist should have been) but on a pedestrian-designated walkway. That was in 2007. I came close to more of the same this year. When will these evil, selfish thugs learn that pavements are for people with legs, not lunatics with wheels?
      November 7, 2016 6:58 PM MST

Yes, in 2005 a tailgater in a very large pick-up truck followed me into a shopping center's parking lot and blocked my car into the space, challenging me to get out and fight with him.  I let him rant and rave and display his finger-art for a moment or two until he tired of it and left.
    ~
      November 7, 2016 8:31 PM MST

Some dude threw a fit and screeched at me over my bumper sticker when we were waiting in traffic once. I just closed my window and turned up the music. He was driving uncomfortably close to me for a bit, but he eventually got over it and sped off into the distance.
      November 7, 2016 10:13 PM MST

Road rage is really something else that can't be expressed.  It's interesting to read about it.  It has to do with power, or actually lack of it or perceived lack of it, in people's lives.  I'm not a victim since I yield to drivers exhibiting that crazed look, waving arms, pointing, etc. etc.  Wherever they wish to be on the road, it is fine with me.  Once, while traveling a woman went nuts on the expressway.  She finally zigzagged through heavy traffic and was out of view.  Miles down the road I saw her sitting in her car with a cop standing at her window.  I felt thankful that she probably would not cause a death that day.  Maybe tomorrow though.
      November 8, 2016 11:44 AM MST