Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Are there any incredibly intelligent see beyond moments in a movie that presaged the whole human condition in a instant?

Are there any incredibly intelligent see beyond moments in a movie that presaged the whole human condition in a instant?

In a war movie I saw I saw this black soldier standing in the jungle and what seemed like shaky noisy snake from below homing in on him and he blew a lone deep breath. Where am I going with all this!?
During the Vietnam War era (draft era to be precise) blacks of military age made up 13.5 percent of the total population, but only 9.7 percent of the Vietnam era military forces were black.
 88.4 percent of the men who actually served in Vietnam were white. 10.6 percent of the men who actually served in Vietnam were black. 86.3 percent of the men who died in Vietnam were white. 12.5 percent of the men who died in Vietnam were black. 86.8 percent of the men who were killed in actual battle were white. 12.1 percent of the men who were killed in actual battle were black. In sum, while the percentage of blacks of military age was 13.5 percent of the population, they accounted for 12.1percent of the deaths in Vietnam.

Posted - November 4, 2022

Responses