Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever worked for the DMV* or its equivalent if it’s named differently where you are? If so, what was it like working there?

Have you ever worked for the DMV* or its equivalent if it’s named differently where you are? If so, what was it like working there?

*Department of Motor Vehicles.

~

Posted - December 14, 2022

Responses

I had an employee who's wife had a state contract to clean the DMV.  When they went on vacation I cleaned it for them everyday.  That included washing and waxing the floor, don't remember how many times I did that but it wasn't too bad.  The bathroom's were the worst, urine on the floor everyday and poop occasionally, dirty diapers just thrown on the floor, they were filthy after one day.  Everything had to be sprayed with a disinfectant and washed down in the public area.  I went with them a few times to learn the routine, before they left. It was a lot of work and took a while but it wasn't too bad. 
      December 15, 2022 7:03 AM MST

(who's whose wife had a state contract)

(Comma after the word “vacation”.)

(everyday every day)

(Comma after “how many times I did that”.)

(bathroom's bathrooms) No apostrophe.

(urine on the floor everyday every day)

(Unnecessary comma: “I went with them a few times to learn the routine, before they left.”)

(Comma after the word “while”.)

December 15, 2022 9:06 AM MST

Thank you for your answer.
    ~

December 15, 2022 9:07 AM MST