Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » History » Are there people of whom you've heard about for years but never knew the actual things they did?

Are there people of whom you've heard about for years but never knew the actual things they did?

For me -- just tonight,  I finished  reading about Charles Starkweather and Carol Fugate

Whoa

Posted - January 22, 2023

Responses

I read about this couple years ago. I had read that whole section of our library. Since then, there has been a proliferation of true crime TV programs. There is no end to the stories of people who do such atrocious things. Now, with the convenience of the internet, when I hear of something I want to know about, I can just look it up.

It doesn't have to be about crime. Did you ever read any Oliver Sachs books. One of his better known was made into the movie "The Awakening"; or June Goodfield whose "Quest for the Killers" (medical mystery not murder) is dated but fascinating. How about any of the well known medical examiners who have written about their cases?

Or, perhaps, the book you just finished was more than enough! This post was edited by NYAD at January 23, 2023 7:50 PM MST
      January 22, 2023 10:39 PM MST

I've not read any of those you mentioned. Cool.  :)

Actually, the Starkweather/Fugate mention was just chapter one of the book, ha.  :) 
     (I don't meant to be humourous about what they did.)
      January 23, 2023 7:52 PM MST

Yes. Many here.
      January 23, 2023 12:51 PM MST

I didn't expect from you came with our answer. I like it. :)

I even remember you once asking me something along the lines of what haven't I done.  Ha.
      January 23, 2023 7:50 PM MST