Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Travel » What places would you still want to go to even during covid?

What places would you still want to go to even during covid?

Posted - February 23, 2023

Responses

I've been to the Met in NYC. One day is not enough to take it all in.
    Best things to see at the Metropolitan Museum of art
      March 13, 2023 7:42 PM MDT

Is this one of New York City's huge museum center, & in this one, have more of like large/tall marble statues?
      March 13, 2023 7:51 PM MDT

Yes it is. It has different sections of different types of artists. I've also been to the Guggenheim in NYC. Their displays change a lot so it pays to visit there in different years.
    Photo
      March 13, 2023 7:54 PM MDT

I saw this New York Museum photo someplace, & I saw this one from an Encyclopedia program-from computer!
      March 13, 2023 8:05 PM MDT

My laptop is actually sitting on a copy of this book:

M.c. Escher: 29 Master Prints, Escher, Maurits Cornelis
      March 13, 2023 7:51 PM MDT

Don't know what's in this book that's any to do with the museum?!
      March 13, 2023 7:52 PM MDT

I don't know if any of his work is in either of those NYC museums. Google tells me that The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston TX has the largest collection of Escher prints. This is one from my book:

View 1 of Lot 6: Reptiles (Bool 327)
      March 13, 2023 8:09 PM MDT

Okay-seems they have nearly millions of art collections(?), for this illusion art, I have one to show you for this one-
      March 14, 2023 8:30 AM MDT

And other interesting puzzle-like illusion pictures I found from that M.C. Escher book are:

The Front Cover

The Flying Fishes

Geometric congested reptile/monster interior walking circle ?

&

Interesting multi-stairway world of multi-direction walking ?

And the reptile walking cycle, I saw it would be the same picture in this book too!

And see the picture of 'Drawing Hands"-
     -
      March 15, 2023 8:30 AM MDT

Good research!
      March 15, 2023 9:05 AM MDT

Yes, Danny. Most of those are in my book of prints. I didn't buy this book, it was my mother's. When she passed, I was the only one that wanted the book.

I have a number of other what are called "coffee table books". They're usually larger than average dimension books with any sort of interesting information and/or pictures. The other books I inherited from my mom are a book of Norman Rockwell prints and a giant atlas.

I really wanted the atlas and was so happy that none of my siblings wanted it. I've loved maps since I was a kid. The funny thing about that big, heavy atlas is, I never look at it because I can look up any map on line. 

March 15, 2023 8:58 AM MDT

Good-interesting art books & maps around!
    Now I may guess from your pictured Avatar & by your (last) message I read here-maybe for me to take a good guess(of You)?
    (Of just a list person just in the family group?) This post was edited by DannyPetti at March 15, 2023 10:08 AM MDT
      March 15, 2023 10:06 AM MDT

Take a guess.
      March 15, 2023 5:52 PM MDT

Would be You as . . . "Grandma!"
      March 15, 2023 7:07 PM MDT

No, "Mom" is the highest level I've achieved. I have two grown children in their 50s but NO grandchildren. That may be why I have time to spend on Answermug!

Are you a student or do you just enjoy exploring everything?
      March 16, 2023 7:32 AM MDT

I used to be a student, might be long time ago, & now I graduated as I'm no longer a student.
    Then I was giving out some other work pages on Answermug recently(You'll see some work pages that I put in that thread if that be the worksheet thread.
    And I do like to explore some things in Answermug too!
      March 16, 2023 11:13 AM MDT