Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is there anything in our lives in which Amazon is not going to be involved?

Is there anything in our lives in which Amazon is not going to be involved?

amazon one medical Frustration-free primary care is here Join One Medical, $199 $144 for a year Amazon and One Medical are teaming up to make healthcare more convenient and membership more affordable. Now just $199 $144 for a year for new members (that’s equivalent to $12/month), you can get primary care for your body and mind. One Medical membership benefits you'll enjoy One Medical membership benefits you'll enjoy:
  24/7 virtual care via messaging or video Online appointment booking On-demand video chat In-app prescription requests and renewals Display images to show real-time content One Medical

Why people love One Medical

One Medical also offers exceptional primary care, helping with everything from common illnesses to chronic diseases and mental health concerns. Access to offices in many U.S. cities and the ability to schedule a remote visit with your provider Appointments that start on time Drop-in lab services at One Medical offices Message a provider in the app Compassionate doctors and providers who take time to listen Learn more about One Medical Amazon | one medical This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. Please note that this message was sent to the following e-mail address:
Amazon 410 Terry Avenue North Seattle, WA, 98109, US

Posted - March 13, 2023

Responses

I like my doctor but the billing is anything but free from frustration.  An annual flat rate would be a huge improvement over dealing with billing and the insurance company.  Also, if that’s YOUR email address at the bottom, you might want to edit it out.
      March 13, 2023 12:55 PM MDT

Good catch THANKS!
      March 13, 2023 4:29 PM MDT

Good question.   Let me ask Alexa... (DOH!)
      March 13, 2023 3:07 PM MDT

LOL
      March 13, 2023 4:28 PM MDT

This makes me nauseous. 
      March 13, 2023 7:25 PM MDT

Call Amazon for an appointment.  Maybe the can prescribe something.  :)
      March 14, 2023 8:02 PM MDT

I didn't like when my insurance provider switched my prescriptions to Amazon Pharmacy. There is no way I would be comfortable with getting medical care from them. I just had a thought, is this any worse than googling my symptoms? Google knows everything!
      March 14, 2023 8:00 PM MDT

I won't pretend that I understand their medical plan completely, but from the little I read, it would appear that you can do telehealth sessions or use your regular doctor.  If you can use your own doctors, why would their plan, assuming it's less expensive, be any worse than what you have?  I did look up my most expensive prescription on their plan ($600) and it's more than Walgreen's would charge me ($475) for a one month supply.  I get that same prescription filled in Canada for about $450 for three months' supply!
      March 15, 2023 6:40 AM MDT

I'm trying to understand it too. Is it in addition to my insurance or instead of it? I can already do all of those things they advertise. My concern is around Amazon knowing every last detail about and whether they will use that info. My comment about Google was about how everything a person searches for becomes the basis for targeted ads which means they are making money off people looking up their medical concerns. 
      March 15, 2023 7:26 AM MDT

I understand your concern.  I think Amazon will be the referral agent to a teledoc or in-person physician.  It would seem to replace your current insurance, but I wouldn't swear to that.  Doctors will still be required to maintain confidentiality and, for whatever it's worth, once we got ourselves on the Internet, pretty much everyone knows everything about us anyway.  
      March 16, 2023 8:58 AM MDT

If they would pay for a C5-C6-C7 disk replacement I'll sign up.  Otherwise I'm stuck with a fusion of the neck. The good surgeries are reserved for the wealthy.
      March 16, 2023 11:14 AM MDT

I have ordered few other things from Amazon with Mom, mostly electronics that I think would be good item(s) from it, then Mom & I probably would not want to get (any) more items to buy from it.
      March 19, 2023 7:19 AM MDT

Terms, Conditions and Exclusions apply.............. ?

July 3, 2023 5:02 PM MDT