Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Did you get married?! Better hurry up, if...

Did you get married?! Better hurry up, if...

Category: same sex marriage legitimacy in the US.

...you're not, living in the US, and your love happens to be one of the same sex. Previous progress, will be turned into decline, civil rights and equality will be taken away from us. Sighs.

(Image is from Portugal)

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

Yeah, right. Just after we find the cure for the common cold.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that. There's MUCH bigger issues to deal with.
      November 9, 2016 2:58 AM MST

Oh. You didn't pay attention to the few things your candidate did say?

Btw, it's not a disease like the cold. But guess that's the same to you, and the attention you pay on subjects.   This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 9, 2016 3:03 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 3:02 AM MST

You need to take Trump seriously, not literally. That was all campaign rhetoric, nothing more.

I don't think anyone seriously wants to take away same sex marriage except for a few on the fringe. (Although I do think that from a secular, governmental point of view ANY such "arrangement" between people should be recognized as a civil union because of the religious roots of marriage, that 1st Amendment thing. But at the same time government must in parallel recognize any such religious commitments to the exclusion of none. If you and your same sex partner (or partners, has a friend that went that route too) want to get married and if the church you belong to allows it, then it's none of the government's business. And if you want just a civil ceremony then that should be OK too.

As to the comparison to the common cold . . . that was prioritizing it as very low in the list of "problems" to deal with, not implying it was a disease. The common cold as compared to heart disease and cancer. Or same sex marriage as compared to an enemy firing a nuke at us. I don't see where it's something that should even be on the radar.

November 13, 2016 11:42 PM MST

He got votes on that one, and didn't convince people in the Bible Belt before taking this and his anti abortion remarks into his "program". His choice on veep a strong indication too. Are you suggesting he just lied to get elected? What else did he lie about? Hmm.
      November 13, 2016 11:49 PM MST

Maybe he got votes on that, maybe he didn't. I know he didn't get my vote based on that (there were other reasons). In fact, I don't remember hearing his say that, but he may well have. So what's your point?

By the way, Harry Reed got votes for Obama when he accused Mitt Romney of not paying his taxes for 10-years prior. Seems that people should be used to politicians lying to get votes.
      November 13, 2016 11:55 PM MST

One lying makes it okay another is lying? And all lies are equal no matter if it's personal or their political "program". What are you saying? You're the one jumping inside my question, and now trying to blame Obama for Trump "lying", or do we know if he was lying about this one, but not the others... tsk tsk.
      November 14, 2016 12:18 AM MST

As Harry Reed said "well, we won, didn't we?"

So, given that it appears that you're the one trying to maintain two different standards; one for the Democrats and another for the Republicans. But that's OK. I'll go ahead and send President Elect Trump a letter requesting that he follow through on that promise to ban same sex marriage then so as not to appear to be a left-wing "liar".

This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 14, 2016 1:46 AM MST
      November 14, 2016 1:02 AM MST

I haven't said anything that alike. But it will not fit into your agenda. I made a question with a humorous angle. It went over your head, and as always you drag all kinds of different topics into a thread. I'm not here to entertain you By discussing whatever topic you drag into the threads. Make your own questions, and I will reply if I feel like discussing the topic. However, I don't still request you stick to THAT topic and not whatever you drag into it. Now have me excused AGAIN.  Find your playmates somewhere else. Ciao.
      November 14, 2016 1:06 AM MST

born in the usa ~ the boss
      November 9, 2016 4:11 AM MST

November 9, 2016 4:20 AM MST

merci SH,new here 

cannae know how to post vids.
      November 9, 2016 4:26 AM MST

Tap your way into the media possibilities. Enjoy!

There are some tutorials in the FAQ section. :-)
      November 9, 2016 4:33 AM MST

k.
      November 9, 2016 4:36 AM MST

• Or you can come to Canada!  :-) :-)
      November 13, 2016 8:25 PM MST

Aww. True. Looking for the flight schedules...
      November 13, 2016 10:52 PM MST

That cannot be undone.  There is no way.  You cannot unfree the slaves.  You cannot force freed captives back in a cage and you cannot for one minute think gays are going to relinquish their rights to be treated as equal members of this society they were born into.

AMEN.  I say to thee.
      November 13, 2016 11:53 PM MST

A lot seems impossible, I'm not expecting anything for a given thing.. especially not an rights fought hard for.. how long did we come with women's rights? Sighs.
      November 14, 2016 12:11 AM MST

All the things that are worth fighting for come at a very high price it seems.  The price being the long, arduous process of reaching the goal.   I am also sighing with you.
      November 14, 2016 12:18 AM MST

And never to be taken for granted. 
      November 14, 2016 12:22 AM MST

• come on  up to Canada  . ill  hook  you   up  .
     i specifically  became legally  ordained  to offer  weddings  and  services   to those   denied by the church . more-so  (at first)  for  the Wiccan  / Pagan community  , but just as many same sex couples have inquired   and used my services . and i do  if for free . 

November 14, 2016 1:12 AM MST

Such a sweet offer. I might take your word on this one at a point in time when I have met the one.
      November 14, 2016 1:17 AM MST