Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Clinton did not speak to supporters at her headquarters on election night. Disrespectful or not?

Clinton did not speak to supporters at her headquarters on election night. Disrespectful or not?

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

• I think she was so shell shocked, as was her team, as to how they had it so wrong, she couldn't. I'm sure many on both sides of the aisle are dumbfounded this morning, as are those in total celebration. He totally kicked her a$$, without the millions spent, little formal ground teams, flipping states, down ballot wins and with out any celebrities .. and still didn't release his taxes. Trump played it exactly like he said from the very beginning ... people thought he was a joke to run, as he knocked them down, one at a time. Stunning Victory.  

How could this happen to the planned coronation (of many months) to an unbeatable Hillary???   
      November 9, 2016 5:25 AM MST

She should have came out and thanked her supporters. 
      November 9, 2016 7:28 AM MST

Remorseful perhaps?
      November 9, 2016 5:26 AM MST

I think angry....but still should have thanked her supporters.
      November 9, 2016 7:30 AM MST

I'm pretty sure she spoke to her supporters: Wall street, big banks, and all those foreign countries that helped make her rich. This post was edited by notjustme at November 11, 2016 4:45 PM MST
      November 9, 2016 6:03 AM MST

Maybe she apologized to Saudi and ISIS for letting them down.
      November 9, 2016 6:25 AM MST

Maybe but she should have came out and thanked her supporters. 
      November 9, 2016 7:29 AM MST

For those who supported her and stood there for hours, and those staying up late, watching the results roll in, in my opinion it showed her contempt and disrespect for the average supporter. This is one of the reasons she lost.
      November 9, 2016 7:05 AM MST

I agree if I was a supporter and I did what I needed to be there...I would be mad.
      November 9, 2016 7:27 AM MST

It shows what she is all about, she couldn't care less about her supporters. Like Obama she is lost in a world devoid of reality, they both see people just as votes, phonies to their rotten cores. The biggest joke of the night was the Clinton Campign lost in delusion spouting over and over that nothing ever came easy for Hillary Clinton. I couldn't stop laughing about a woman who receives millions of dollars for speeches which are worthless and nothing but easy. It was great to see the American people finally stand up and tell Hillary and Obama, "NO." That was the first time in their lives they probably both heard the word NO. Globalism and the establishment are being exposed for what they are, recking balls of the USA, destroyers of common sense, free speech, the US Constitution and critical thinking. Time to rebuild what these two treasonous Marxists have destroyed.

Trump missed a great line he could have used. When Rocky won he said, " yo Adrian, I did it." If I was Trump, I would have said, " yo America" and with a pause and a point to the people in the crowd, " you, the citizens of America did it."
    That is with freedom is about in this country, its citizens and their ability to see the wrongs going on and correct it. Politicians and government can never correct things, it takes the people and private businesses unhindered by Marxist fairytle regulations. Something idiots like Hillary Clinton, Obama and their warped deranged sycophants in the mainstream media will never comprehend. This post was edited by peaceofmind50 at November 9, 2016 10:59 PM MST
      November 9, 2016 7:15 AM MST

That would have been a great line. 
      November 9, 2016 7:25 AM MST

Trump may have sealed the electoral college, but the popular vote is unclear. (Clinton had the lead when I woke, but now Trump does.) I'm interested to see if this impacts her concession. This is a lot like 2000. If I were her, I would have waited for hard numbers as well.
      November 9, 2016 8:53 AM MST

She didn't need to cede the election last night, and at the time Podesta appeared PA hadn't been called. But instead of Podesta appearing, she should have appeared to thank her supporters and send them home to get some sleep and to wait for the full results (which still aren't fully counted in 4 states).
      November 9, 2016 9:48 AM MST

The other four are counted. The media has just for some reason decided not to call them because it will not make a difference in the electoral college.  Trump (306) wins MI, and AZ, Clinton (232) wins MN and NH.
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

November 9, 2016 10:15 AM MST

But we don't go by popular vote.  We go by electoral votes.  And she has no chance unless a state that has been projected is switched.  In 2000, was not about the popular vote either.  It was about the electoral votes in FL.
      November 9, 2016 10:02 AM MST

We do go by electoral vote, which doesn't even happen for a couple of weeks. Moreover, all the results weren't in last night. So, there was still potential for things to change and she may have been considering challenging some of the votes. In her speech, she called for a peaceful transfer of power, so that is clearly out now, but it may not have been last night.
      November 9, 2016 10:47 AM MST

All of the results are not in now but they are reported enough that we know the winner.  But last night when she conceded it was because she had/has no path to 270.  After PN was called for Trump it was over.
      November 9, 2016 11:01 AM MST

The path was there, but it was unlikely. A few states were handed to Trump by a very slim margin- well worth waiting for more accurate results. And, Clinton is winning in the popular vote again as I write this. If she hadn't advised everyone in her speech this morning to accept the results, there still may have been a chance the electoral vote would not have been cast as the maps are showing today. Heck, if Trump doesn't bite his tongue for the next couple weeks, there's still a chance those electoral votes won't go to him. Unlikely, but a possibility. 

I should also add that maybe Clinton's supporters should be the ones who decide whether they feel disrespected or not. Right now, I see a whole lot of Trump supporters on this thread. I don't see how their opinion of Clinton's supposed disrespect matters when it doesn't relate to them. Find me a Clinton supporter who says they feel jaded about not being addressed last night and I'll hear it. Anything else is irrelevant. 

In any case, I'm glad to see that Trump could take a break from his busy schedule of declaring bankruptcies on his companies, groping women, silencing minorities, and mocking disabled people to make a proper speech. Go team America! 
      November 9, 2016 11:17 AM MST

True, electoral college voters are not legally required to vote how their state voted.  I personally think that should not be, same with delegates at the party conventions as well.

True, it is the Clinton supporters who should feel disrespected.  I don't believe the media would report on it, however.

Too bad,  Clinton couldn't find time in her busy schedule, I guess she was too busy helping negotiate trade deals that send our jobs overseas (NAFTA, TPP), defending her husband from rape and sexual assault allegations, calling Trump supporters names, mishandling classified information to give a proper thank you speech to her supporters. 
    Even Gary Johnson came out and thanked his supporters for his 3.5%. 
      November 9, 2016 12:43 PM MST

Gary Johnson wasn't as close to victory as Clinton was. There's no comparison here. And, I don't know why you're looking to the media for confirmation when I'm specifically addressing who is on this thread. 

As for the rest. lol Touche. ;) Well played, ma'am. 
      November 9, 2016 12:52 PM MST

We are talking about 2 different peoples.  You are talking about users here AM and I am talking about supporters who made the effort (time and money) to actually go to the Dem headquarters to support Hillary on election night.

As for the rest,  yes fun playing.
      November 9, 2016 1:27 PM MST

Once again she wasn't there to take that 3:00 AM phone call. Trump was.

Looks like we really did dodge a bullet by not electing her. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 9, 2016 10:06 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 10:05 AM MST

I have a prediction about this thread:

100% of those who dislike HRC for ideological reasons will find her actions disrespectful.

A large majority of HRC supporters (although likely less than 100%) will NOT find her actions disrespectful.

If only investing in the financial markets were this easy...;-D...
      November 9, 2016 12:58 PM MST

her heart was too broken....
      November 10, 2016 1:05 AM MST