Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Arts » From these 12 colors of Slick Slix coloring supply, doesn't that green looks too dark to you?

From these 12 colors of Slick Slix coloring supply, doesn't that green looks too dark to you?

Or you decide (for that green color), if they just try make it really stronger kind of green, or where they would get that kind of green from?
Maybe from grass or the plant leaves of that green? As if they get that kind of green just from the grass, as perhaps grass or piece of grass might be exactly this green color of that case?

Posted - August 11, 2023

Responses

It looks like Astro Turf green to me. 
      August 11, 2023 7:20 PM MDT

I don't know what green it's tries to get to exactly.
    I just wonder if that green coloring is/might be too dark to be a normal green color(?)
    Check with your other friend member of what they will think of the green color on this too.
      August 12, 2023 7:10 AM MDT

I just looked in Google-Image & looked up that exact color name, then looked for the best one that is much of the 'Turf', then looked for the much darker one, & the one that's little more bluer than the other one to best match that green color from the Slick Stix, but the green in Slick Stix is probably still little bit darker than that!
      August 12, 2023 7:16 AM MDT

As with every other color, there are different shades.  This is a dark green.  

Zuccini is dark green 
      August 12, 2023 8:51 AM MDT

And I was think of it probably be dark as the outside part of the watermelon or the other hard green vegetable-& I see that the one you show me would be one of them, right?
    As the Slick Stix green is kind of a dark green color,
    Then what to do on the 12 Slick Stix on coloring with these, is to do much more of mixing colors rather then find one best color to closely match what color of objects or the other objects that you/re coloring. For example, if you would like a sort of lighter truer kind of green, as like color of just the green leaves from a tree, then maybe just color yellow lightly around the area, then color green over it; or may have to put heavier yellow if that don't work, then the green over it; or maybe you might have to try put some green around it, then put yellow, to see which may work the best - As you're doing it all with just those 12 colors of Slick Stix.
      August 12, 2023 4:49 PM MDT

All the colors seem darker and bold with a lot of depth.  It could be the way the picture was taken, the lighting etc.
      August 12, 2023 4:56 PM MDT

I have & use the Slick Stix coloring sticks, & I think that green seems too dark compared with the other colors in the Slick Stix pack, & too dark of green compared to the other greens from the other coloring supplies-like Crayola Crayons, Colored pencils, colored chalks, markers, maybe Acrylic paints, etc.

I don't think it helps to make look lighter of green when color softly with the Slick Stix green, or it will leave some white paper showing from in it.
      August 12, 2023 7:10 PM MDT

Yes, there are watermelons that are that dark on the outside.  I don't know about mixing colors in color stix.  You would have to experiment.  The green that is fifth from the left is a lighter green. This post was edited by Spunky at August 13, 2023 4:28 PM MDT
      August 13, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

Then if I put the green slick stick color right by the sunlight, it would probably appears to be like little brighter medium green, I don't know as if the other coloring supplies of those other greens (some of them) may appear too light of green by the sunlight then. This post was edited by DannyPetti at August 22, 2023 6:51 AM MDT
      August 22, 2023 6:49 AM MDT

Yes, it would probably appear to be lighter.
      August 22, 2023 7:52 AM MDT

Checking to see if these Slick Stix greens would match the color of these green vegetables here:
      August 12, 2023 4:53 PM MDT

I was thinking all the colors look a bit darker on the paper then they do on the pen cap. So maybe the problem is the paper not the pen - maybe do a text on other types and shades of paper. Cheers!
      August 13, 2023 9:08 AM MDT

Maybe just a bit darker on the paper.
    Do a color mix with it as how the printer alternate the colors of dotted ink for any in between colors, or do different colors of construction papers, or cardstocks-it have more or so many different colors in cardstocks-to see which color would best go with-Cheers!!
      August 13, 2023 4:33 PM MDT