Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How long will the war in Israel last?

How long will the war in Israel last?

Posted - October 7, 2023

Responses

Why?  Do you have somewhere to be?
      October 7, 2023 1:35 PM MDT

Israel has a long history of beating their rivals very  quickly.  (7 days, 20 days, 50 days)  Will this victory be quick or will it be a more drawn out war? 
    They should take out all of Hamas and any other terrorists who come to join the war. 

October 9, 2023 9:08 AM MDT

Yes, Israel has one of the most fierce militaries in the world and they know that they have to beat their attackers in short order as they cannot sustain a long war.  I thought that what Russia did in Ukraine was awful, but Hamas has taken it to an entirely different level and I hope Israel rains fire and ice down on them and obliterates them.  Of course, that means civilian casualties, but what other option does Israel have?
      October 10, 2023 7:58 AM MDT

Something else we agree on.
      October 10, 2023 2:42 PM MDT

Biden recently gave Iran more money....Hezbollah is asking for passage through Iran to help Hamas.   I do hope they can take them out quickly.
    They are reporting Taliban has armed Hamas with US weapons we left there.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 10, 2023 3:42 PM MDT
      October 10, 2023 2:48 PM MDT

Biden didn't "give" Iran more money.  He agreed to release some of the money that was being held for humanitarian purposes only and, supposedly, those funds will be monitored very closely.  I'm sure we both agree that our "departure" from Afghanistan was a disaster.  There is no sugar-coating that. 
      October 11, 2023 1:06 PM MDT

And by giving them money....it released money that they would have needed to spend on their people.   All money if fungible. 

October 11, 2023 2:34 PM MDT