Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do women have any idea how much it sucks when you're a short guy trying to find a date? I'm only 5'5", it's ugly out there.

Do women have any idea how much it sucks when you're a short guy trying to find a date? I'm only 5'5", it's ugly out there.

To make matters worse I'm a pretty decent looking guy face-wise, but when women meet me in person and see that I'm only 5'5" tall and around 150 lbs they suddenly remember they can't stay long because they have to meet some other friends.

Yes I know, it's because I have a bad attitude or a Napoleon complex or I'm just weird, or not very smart, or there's just some mystical quality that's hard to explain that people just find off-putting.

Posted - July 3, 2016

Responses

I was always attracted to short men. But strangely enough my husband is 6'2"...he is the only tall man I ever dated.
      July 3, 2016 8:04 PM MDT

I think many women who are not very physically attractive can relate to your situation.

I do note that whereas men are frequently criticized and lampooned in media and popular discourse for their focus on superficial physical attributes in dating partners, the height bias displayed by many women is largely ignored.

July 3, 2016 8:09 PM MDT

im 4ft5 and never get dates cause of it

July 4, 2016 5:37 PM MDT

Yes, I know what it's like.

Most women are not interested in a man shorter than them - and I'm shorter still, nearer 5' 2".

Just have to accept having to stay single unless chance introduces a lonely woman no more than about 5' 0" tall.

A very remote chance...
      October 20, 2016 6:19 PM MDT