Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Zack
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If someone you thought was a friend hurts you/insults you and never apologizes can you ever feel the same way about that person? How?

If someone you thought was a friend hurts you/insults you and never apologizes can you ever feel the same way about that person? How?

How far does an apology go with you?  Does it make everything okay or can you never really forget the insult? Why?

Posted - November 10, 2016

Responses

An apology for me goes a long way. yet i have had the experience of never been apologized to. I have to understand that at times the one who did the offending may not have realized he/she has done any offending. I don't my best to forget the offense, knowing that at times it am the one offending. 
      November 15, 2016 11:10 PM MST

That's a good way to be Autumn. I prefer those who think before they speak so they don't have to apologize. An apology cannot erase the hurt. Nor does it erase the memory. Someone indulges himself/herself at your expense and thinks an "I'm sorry" is gonna take care of it? It doesn't. Not for me. Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Wednesday! :)
      November 23, 2016 8:43 AM MST

If I have a friend that does that, that person is not going to get very far without apologizing.  Or acknowledging what they have done.   It is going to be discussed, or there is no friendship. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 23, 2016 8:49 AM MST
      November 23, 2016 8:48 AM MST

I try not to get my nose out of joint over petty things. I give people the benefit of the doubt. If there is a major breach of trust, an apology only goes so far.
      November 23, 2016 9:45 AM MST