Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Can we do this too? Break the law deported 12hrs after arrest.

Can we do this too? Break the law deported 12hrs after arrest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13124701/imam-france-flag-deported-north-africa-immigration-laws.html

Posted - February 26

Responses

Regardless of the tensions involved in a case such as this, do you find it just to do so over the course of half a day? Republicans like to elevate 'the rule of law'... Those things need a bit more time than 12 hours. Except when it comes to foreigners, apparently. 

You might also consider the severity of the infraction -- which, I agree, in this situation was significant. But should someone get deported for, say, getting a parking ticket? Where do you draw the line? (If it's at "stirring up violence," I think we know of a person facing four conspiracy and obstruction charges for that.)
      February 26, 2024 6:28 AM MST

If they are illegal...yes, deport for even a traffic ticket.  
    If legal resident,  no. It must be more significant..drunk driving...gone. Violent offense...gone. Theft...gone.  I actually would not deport for his sermons...no thought crimes.  But I like the process, but would require arrest and conviction of violent crime, upon leaving court straight to the plane to your former country with no possibility of return.  

For an illegal, immediately deport for any law violation.  
      February 26, 2024 7:27 AM MST