Active Now

WelbyQuentin
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Biden admin withholding info about Hamas from Israel. Is this a betrayal to Israel and American hostages?

Biden admin withholding info about Hamas from Israel. Is this a betrayal to Israel and American hostages?

Biden is offering to give the information only if Israel agrees not to invade Rafah. 

Biden admin: "is offering Israel valuable assistance if it holds backincluding sensitive intelligence to help the Israeli military pinpoint the location of Hamas leaders and find the group’s hidden tunnels."

Shouldn't this info have already been shared with Israel? 

Posted - May 12

Responses

Are they? https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2024/05/09/on-the-record-press-gaggle-by-white-house-national-security-communications-advisor-john-kirby-11

IH
    ere's an excerpt, so you won't actually have to read this. This press conference was on May 9th.  I can only speculate that Biden was sending a message to the world that Israel has options on how to defeat Hamas without bombing Rafah.

May 13, 2024 5:30 AM MDT

Biden is not in charge of Israel.   Netanyahu is their leader. 
    Biden is sabotaging Israel and abandoning the American hostages taken by HAMAS.  Not the first time he has abandoned Americans,  either. 
      May 13, 2024 6:17 AM MDT

The US is continuing to send weapons and aid to Israel so they can protect themselves from Hamas. Negotiations between Hamas and Israel have been paused due to Israel's actions regarding Rafah.

And if you didn't know this, it is against US law to supply military aid to countries committing war crimes. Israel has not yet been charged, but there are those, including Amnesty International, who think they should be. The Biden administration says Israel has likely violated International humanitarian law. 

I am not anti-Israel or pro-Hamas. International humanitarian laws exists for the protection of civilians not engaged in fighting. Both Israel and Palestine agreed to these laws.
    This post was edited by Jane S at May 13, 2024 11:18 AM MDT
      May 13, 2024 6:41 AM MDT

Of course Biden claims Israel violated laws....he needed the anti-Isrsel vote. 
      May 13, 2024 2:17 PM MDT

Just because Trump doesn't do anything unless it benefits him personally,  financially, or politically does not mean that Biden is the same. And what would gaining the anti-Israel vote do if it cost him the pro-Israel vote? 
      May 13, 2024 4:19 PM MDT

The majority of the pro Israel vote is conservative and we ain't voting for him. 

May 13, 2024 6:27 PM MDT

Thanks for proving my point.
      May 14, 2024 7:55 AM MDT

That he is pandering to Anti-Israel voters....because the pro Israel voters are voting for Trump. This post was edited by my2cents at May 14, 2024 2:12 PM MDT
      May 14, 2024 8:17 AM MDT

First of all, that poll is from October, right after Hamas attacked Israel, before the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, so current numbers may change. It does show the the majority was against taking sides. 

Biden has consistently supported Israel in defending itself against Hamas while getting humanitarian aid to Gaza. 

Supporting Israel should not include supporting genocide. Being in sync with your party is not pandering. 

May 14, 2024 4:17 PM MDT

As you just said.....in sync with his party.  The pro Israel voters are already voting for Trump. 

Killing EVERY member of HAMAS is NOT genocide. HAMAS is a terrorist group not a race.  Unless you believe all of the people in Gaza are part of HAMAS.....

And the polls are from SEPT 7-18, 2023....3 weeks before the Oct 7 2023 terrorist attack of innocent Israelis and other people there on a Jewish holiday. I am sure the numbers have indeed changed since then...I do not believe anyone supporting Israel changed their minds or got weaker on their support.  So it is again Republicans support Israel.  And Biden is not worried about us.

As you can see this is a pew research from Mar 2024...and Republicans support has grown for Israel as Dems has weakened.  This post was edited by my2cents at May 14, 2024 7:11 PM MDT
      May 14, 2024 6:45 PM MDT

Just to be clear, my comment about pro-Israel voters was in reference to Democrats and Independents. I thought it went without saying, but apparently you need things spelled out more.
      May 15, 2024 7:01 AM MDT

As I said Biden is supporting (defending) HAMAS because he needs the Anti-Israel vote....MN is in play.
    As you said, he is just getting in sync with his party. 

Back to the topic, he is withholding Congressional approved aid for political purposes.......a quid pro quo. 

ISRAEL you don't go into Rafah and then you get your Congressional approved aid.  

Or is it still (D)ifferent? This post was edited by my2cents at May 15, 2024 10:02 AM MDT
      May 15, 2024 7:28 AM MDT

Bye, Felicia 
      May 15, 2024 1:42 PM MDT

Facts....run a lot of people off. 
      May 15, 2024 2:44 PM MDT

If you were using facts to debate, it might be worth my time.
      May 15, 2024 5:05 PM MDT