Active Now

Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » What did you call your grandparents? What do your kids and/or their kids call theirs?

What did you call your grandparents? What do your kids and/or their kids call theirs?

Posted - June 22

Responses

We called my dad's mother "grandma" and we referred to my dad's stepdad as "her husband".  

We called my mom's parent's "grandma and "grandpa T".  

We didn't have a good relationship with any of them.

I don't have kids, so ...

June 22, 2024 10:15 AM MDT

We called them Grandma and Grandpa (last name).  
      June 22, 2024 12:53 PM MDT

I called them Grandma/Grandpa (First Name)
    My kids same thing with Grandmas but one wanted to be Nana not Grandma...they only had one living Grandpa who they call Papaw. 
    My grandkids say Nana and Papaw. 
      June 22, 2024 2:19 PM MDT

I only knew my maternal Grandmother and only met her a few times. I called her grandma. I am Grandpa to my blood grandkids. My step-grandson calls me Papa.
      June 22, 2024 7:56 PM MDT

Grandmom and Pawpaw.

My grands call me Nonnie.
      June 23, 2024 12:10 PM MDT

Grandma and Grandad [surname].

Actually I never had much chance, and my siblings had none, to call one Grandad anything except in reference, because he died so early I hardly knew him.  

Our expanding brood continue the tradition but as far as I am aware I am not known as, nor have I been called, "Great Uncle", just "Uncle" [Durdle].

The first time my sister told me her daughter had had a baby, she said, "So now you are "Great Uncle [...]!"

"Oh thanks," I replied. "Makes me sound like an elderly Womble!"
      August 6, 2024 3:59 PM MDT