Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What policies of Trump do you support or oppose?

What policies of Trump do you support or oppose?

Posted - July 27

Responses

What policies? He is spending all of his time bashing Harris and company.
      July 27, 2024 6:58 AM MDT

So you have no policies to talk about...

I will wait and see if anyone else has policies they want to talk about. 
      July 27, 2024 7:34 AM MDT

You asked about trump's policies, not mine. I don't know what his are.
      July 28, 2024 8:16 AM MDT

July 28, 2024 3:21 PM MDT

I oppose all of them I know about. Mass deportation,  tariffs on all imported goods, eliminating civil service jobs,  bringing back the Muslim ban, ending birthright citizenship, forcing the homeless to live in tent cities on open land, allowing law enforcement to shoot shoplifters, using the national guard to enforce the law, eliminating the Department of Education, making a woman's right to control her own body dependent on where she lives. There's more, but you get the idea.
      July 27, 2024 11:38 AM MDT

I am fine will all of that....

There was no Muslim ban...it was a ban from countries we cannot properly vet.  And I don't think there is national thing on homeless camping in cities.    
      July 27, 2024 3:14 PM MDT

https://reason.com/2023/04/20/trump-advocates-mass-incarceration-tent-cities-to-address-homelessness/
      July 27, 2024 5:21 PM MDT

Thank you for the link.  I do not have a problem with that either. Much better than just ignoring the problems.

What do you propose to do with the homeless who are camping in public streets and sidewalks?  Trump is at least proposing something to try and help them.  While still protecting the public from the problems that come with that. 
      July 27, 2024 8:51 PM MDT

Cities need to work on this based on their own resources and issues. The federal government needs to work on lifting people out of poverty, stopping the flow of drugs into the country, ensuring that everyone has access to healthcare which includes mental health services,  and doing something about the lack of affordable housing. Sweeping human beings into camps where we don't have to look at them or think about them is not the answer, will not solve anything and will divert money away from better ways to address it.
      July 28, 2024 5:14 AM MDT

Did you not read your link?  It said work with the state and local government to help these people. It is giving the people help. Mental health help. Substance abuse help etc. 

Securing the border helps with the drugs. And affordable housing.  
      July 28, 2024 3:41 PM MDT

Did you read it? It said work with states to ban urban camping, that was it. That would make homelessness a crime. The rest of his plan is flawed, impractical, cost prohibitive, and dehumanizing. The chances that a tent city could feasibly maintained and staffed by all sorts of professionals is pretty far-fetched. The cost of feeding, housing and providing services for an ever-increasing population would be billions and we would stll have homeless people.

I'm glad you agree that affordable housing and securing the border will help. 80% of the drugs are coming in through legal points of entry. Let's hope that the next administration gets the bill passed that would have funded installing the scanners we already have that can detect fentanyl. We don't have the budget to use them. This post was edited by Jane S at July 28, 2024 4:15 PM MDT
      July 28, 2024 4:12 PM MDT

And send Doctors, psychologists, social workers and help get people treatment for substance abuse etc.  With the intention to get them back into functioning in society.    

Now you may disagree.  But that is what it said.  And you may think it is federal government overreach. And maybe it is.  A national law certainly would be. 
      July 28, 2024 5:11 PM MDT

I do not disagree that those are the words he said. I disagree that it is a viable solution.  I tried to explain why I oppose it. 
      July 28, 2024 6:07 PM MDT

You oppose it.  That just confirms that you are at least voting against Trump.  
    So far no one has given any policy reason for why they support Harris (assuming she does get the nomination)
      July 28, 2024 6:40 PM MDT

Of course I am voting against Trump. But I have reasons for doing so and those reasons do not include his physical appearance,  his age, or his laugh.  

I didn't see your question about Harris, but I went back, found it, and answered it. Trump has been running a .ot longer, has a record as president, so I have a lot more to disagree with. I am a liberal and proud of it. 
      July 29, 2024 5:20 AM MDT

If you think I want you on my back about this, you're cray cray!
      July 27, 2024 9:17 PM MDT

Lol.   Just seeing if people have real reasons for their voted or is it just orange man bad or just gotta vote for the black girl. 
      July 28, 2024 4:51 AM MDT

Good answer! This post was edited by Jane S at July 28, 2024 12:09 PM MDT
      July 28, 2024 5:14 AM MDT

I oppose pardoning himself and the January 6 rioters, for starters. Secondly, all of the Project 2025 proposals. Then there's the environmental rollbacks, tax cuts for the offensively rich and nobody else (nothing trickles down) and his obstinate refusal to accept any accountability when the sh** hits the fan.
      July 28, 2024 5:05 AM MDT

I can predict what response you'll get for this!
      July 28, 2024 5:16 AM MDT

Remember that position when Biden pardons his family members.  

Trump is not Project 2025.  That is partly the Heritage Project and others.  Not Trump. 

I got a tax cut and I am far from rich let alone offensively rich....
    Here is Trump's agenda:
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/agenda47
      July 28, 2024 5:04 PM MDT