Active Now

Element 99
Zack
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Would you possibly join me?

Would you possibly join me?

. . .  maybe join me in my lingering thoughts of gratitude and admiration to actress Gena Rowlands who recently passed away? Everything I've seen her in she portrays such a real, authentic person. As far as newsworthy moments of the last weeks, Rowlands remains the most noteworthy and impactful to me; she's with me. Thank you, Gena, for your work.

The original "Gloria," "The Notebook," and " A Woman Under the Influence" come to my mind at the moment.

PLOT SPOILER! "The Notebook"

For me, I forget whoever were the two main stars/characters - - for me, I was most moved by two supporting roles --  Gena Rowlands portraying the "leading lady" character as an older woman. And actor James Marsden really impacted me in his role of the guy whom the"leading lady" character dumps at the beginning. I thought through the whole movie, "Why did you dump him? Especially in how he was so understanding and respectful of your choice to dump him."

Black and white close up shot of Gena Rowlands in A Child is Waiting

Posted - August 21

Responses

Always enjoyed her work, she will be missed.  
      August 21, 2024 7:46 PM MDT

I agree.
    ( Based on my question, no surprise, ha.)
      August 22, 2024 10:34 AM MDT

I can't say I recall seeing her in any movies, but I know she was an acclaimed actress.  This year has seen what seems to be a lot of celebrities pass away.  I didn't see The Notebook in the movies, but I did read the book which is a beautiful, if sad, story.
      August 22, 2024 5:27 AM MDT

I recommend the three movies I mentioned up there but I know there are others  I like with her,

I didn't read "The Notebook."
    But based upon the movie, I can see how it would be a beautiful and sad story.

Yeah, a lot of famous people with whom I'm quasi-familiar have recently passed. As a kid, I always enjoyed Peter Marshall on "The hollywood Squares."
      August 22, 2024 10:41 AM MDT