Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » What is good to give to a cat for car sickness?

What is good to give to a cat for car sickness?

My cat the "talker," missed his shots this year because he hid under the bed, we had an appointment, only two actually got their shots. I've tried dramamine one time and GHB oil another which does not agree with him; he gets weird and throws up anyway.  He gets terribly sick, especially going around corners.  I drive slow and take every corner as slow as possible.  I need to take him but dread putting him through the car ride.  Vets won't give me any kitty tranquilizers and I'm afraid to give him some of human's meds. Knocking him out completely would be a great solution but don't know how to do that safely.  Anyone have any ideas?
He is due for his Rabies in April of 2025, if I can get him to the vet, he will get it early.

Posted - August 29

Responses

Ask the vet for something; he may tell you meclazine or dramamine (sp on both?) is OK but don't assume without talking to vet.  A human dose might hurt or kill your little buddy.  I used to get tranquilizers from the vet for my cat in order to give a bath and cut her hair.  Yes, I kept all of the hair cut off of my Persian cat for many years.  She was happier as was I. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 1, 2024 5:10 AM MDT
      August 30, 2024 6:57 AM MDT

Thank you, I'll try again. 
      September 1, 2024 5:11 AM MDT