Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Markets are doing swell. Business thinks the POTUS-elect will be very good for profits. It's all about the money honey. Do YOU benefit?.

Markets are doing swell. Business thinks the POTUS-elect will be very good for profits. It's all about the money honey. Do YOU benefit?.

Posted - November 11, 2016

Responses

I will if things get too chaotic in the States - a few of my grounds keeping customers have winter homes in California and there starting to think about selling them and staying in Canada during the winter. So that would mean that they will have me do all the jobs that I don't have time to do during the summer. Cheers and happy weekend!
      November 11, 2016 9:14 AM MST

Well, I have some shares in a Canadian insurance company. The price cut in half in 2008. Maybe they will rebound.
      November 12, 2016 7:16 AM MST

Profits won't matter if you kill the planet, which is what Trump plans to do. 
    Cut regulations of emissions of methane and carbon emissions, and other toxic air emissions from oil and gas sector, fuel emissions from trucking industry, and carbon emissions from power plants. 

He plans to cut funding for environmental programs, including climate summits.

He insists on continuing coal mining, even if there are less markets for it. Natural gas is cheaper. Coal burning emissions are also heavier with coal. 

He he has threatened to get rid of the EPA.

He will sell more crude oil. Open XL Pipeline & North Dakota Pipeline.

Supports building up the military. May include renewing nuclear weapons. 
      November 12, 2016 7:49 AM MST