Active Now

Malizz
 Christmas Cheer
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should ballots have QR codes.on ballots be used to tabulate instead of the marked ballot?

Should ballots have QR codes.on ballots be used to tabulate instead of the marked ballot?

At least one state (GA) is using voting machines which then print out the complete ballot with a QR code for tabulation. 

A human cannot read a QR code, only the tabular can scan the code.  
How is a voter supposed to verify that their vote was accurately recorded and counted? 

At least one machine was not recording votes correctly and printing out incorrect votes. (That machine was removed) 

Posted - October 19

Responses

My flip-phone cannot read qr codes.
      October 19, 2024 4:43 PM MDT

Even if you had a smart phone it would not be able to read the QR on the ballots. 
      October 19, 2024 6:14 PM MDT

Then I am not sure about your question.
      October 20, 2024 5:52 PM MDT

They are basically using a tablet to fill out their ballot.  They print the complete ballot. It prints out with the voters choices on it.  The voter is told to look and verify their vote is printed with their correct votes.  It also prints a QR code on the ballot.  A human cannot read the QR code to verify that the code has recorded their vote correctly. Even a smart phone cannot read the QR on the ballot. 
    The voter places their ballot in the tabulator and it read the QR code to count the votes....not the marked votes on the ballot. 

There has already been a machine that was not marking the ballots correctly.  How does the voter know/verify that the QR code is recording their votes correctly?
      October 20, 2024 7:15 PM MDT

I guess we don't.
      October 21, 2024 9:37 AM MDT

GA is. 
      October 21, 2024 6:00 PM MDT

No.
      October 21, 2024 10:31 AM MDT

I agree.  The state of GA is doing this right now.
      October 21, 2024 6:00 PM MDT