Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » How do you think the "liberal" Technocrats who created social media feel about helping Donald Trump get elected?

How do you think the "liberal" Technocrats who created social media feel about helping Donald Trump get elected?

######SOCIAL--MEDIA#####

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

Ask Rosie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 13, 2016 7:58 PM MST
      November 13, 2016 7:53 PM MST

• WHO IS DAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
      November 13, 2016 8:12 PM MST

The only Mugger who can ask a question like that and post unicorn farts.
      November 13, 2016 8:14 PM MST

I don't really know about that because I don't use Tweeting myself.  I do use Facebook minimally and saw lots of memes but  never saw anything from Mr. Trump. 
      November 13, 2016 8:50 PM MST

Do you mean the professional Russian trolls that helped get Trump elected? The ones who admit to being paid by the Russian government to plant negative stories about Hillary Clinton?

November 13, 2016 11:42 PM MST

They've been working on that project for the last 30-years?
      November 13, 2016 11:48 PM MST

Check it out, very interesting stuff. On second thought, no matter what the source, you'll deny that there's any truth to it, so why bother? On the other hand, I don't deny that Hillary has done shady things. I've little doubt that she sought out women who were assaulted by Trump over the past 30+ years. Of course, it doesn't mean it didn't happen in many cases, but I'll acknowledge that she went looking for them.

Also of note is Trump's thoughts on censoring the media. When asked how he felt about Putin having journalists killed for negative stories about him, aside from denying it's veracity, Trump also said "at least he's leading his country".

Frightening times for many of our constitutional rights, isn't it?

November 15, 2016 8:04 PM MST

• Yeah social media really hasn't shown to be of any good or true value as of yet.  Mostly it's just been destructive. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 14, 2016 7:26 AM MST
      November 14, 2016 7:25 AM MST

Unless you can make the argument it was social media which swung small margins of voters in key states (remember HRC is going to win the popular vote by 1.5 million to 2 million), this question is basically meaningless.

Media "siloing" where  people only get information from "news" sources which tell them what they want to hear long predates social media. Social media may exacerbate the problem by making it easier to choose whose Twitters one follows, but if people are content to have their understanding of the world derive entirely from 140-or-fewer character opinion pieces from ideologues...that's not a problem social media created, nor can it be part of the cure.
      November 15, 2016 9:59 PM MST

Whut? 
    1. You haven't heard how Trump won yet?
    2. There are all kinds of stories about how they did it. The worse guesses are from The Washington Times and Slate.com.
    3. The Financial Times doesn't know either. The New York Times says, "No one knows." 
    4. I go, "Whut? 
    5. I tend to believe what Noam Chomsky says, "The media created Donald Trump....The media manufactures consent."
    6. Don't ask me to explain this. There are videos about how the media does this. TMI.
    7. But it's not only that. It's way more. Campaign strategies: gerrymandering the congressional voting districts in favor of the Republicans in Red and Purple States. They rigged the 2014 elections for GOP advantage. 
    8. Next: The Democrats did not have a good strategy--DCCC chair, Steve Israel. 
    9. Then the election narrative that was set by the media, according to owners who had the most money, included more conservatives that democrats. I checked and wrote them down. They had newspapers, magazines and radio, including Rush Limbaugh! They wrote the narrative for ALL the stories that were going to be written about the campaigns before they started. Hillary had a negative campaign, including her emails. That was the reason they never stopped talking about them. Trump's narrative was positive. All they said that he was stuff like he was a loose cannon. I won't go into the sexist part, but is was there too.
    10. There is more, but I think that's a start. It wasn't just about social media, still it was included. One more thing: voter suppression. So much more! Enough, that it makes me want to run for office! 
      November 16, 2016 12:04 AM MST