Active Now

Durdle
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If the US were to go to war are your kids too young, too old or just right age-wise to serve? Would you send them off willingly? Why?

If the US were to go to war are your kids too young, too old or just right age-wise to serve? Would you send them off willingly? Why?

Posted - November 15, 2016

Responses

If the US were to go to war .... !?
    Is it not true to say that the US ....... IS ...... at war, or am I missing something?
    I do not believe that all those parents sent their sons and daughters willingly to Afghanistan, Iraq or those fighting IS, the so called Islamic State.
    Happy Tuesday, Rosie ... :))

This post was edited by Grasshopper at November 16, 2016 2:01 AM MST
      November 15, 2016 9:11 AM MST

A PET war Grasshopper. If PET chooses John Bolton as Secretary of State war will be inevitable with Iran whom Bolton would like to bomb. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. This post was edited by RosieG at November 16, 2016 2:02 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 1:57 AM MST

Rosie, what on Earth is PET? And what is a PET war and who is John Bolton?
    Anyway, it's really unimprtant because one additional war with Iran on top of Iraq, Afghanistan and ISIS won't make much difference.
      November 16, 2016 7:52 AM MST

President Elect Trump
      November 16, 2016 7:55 AM MST

Right. It would just be a different patch of sand.
    We are at war and will continue to be at war till we decide to fight to win rather than fight to contain the enemy.
      November 16, 2016 8:02 AM MST

John Bolton was Ambassador to the United Nations during George W. Bush's administration. 
      November 16, 2016 9:50 AM MST

Too old.
      November 15, 2016 9:43 AM MST

Ours too ele. We're old so our 3 sons are all in the 50's!  There is a definite advantage to being old. Yours kids are gonna be old too! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wedneday! :)
      November 16, 2016 1:58 AM MST

I don't have children.  My nieces and nephews are all married with children of their own, so they probably wouldn't enlist. 
      November 15, 2016 10:43 AM MST

That's would be good. If PET chooses John Bolton to be his Secretary of State I believe war would be inevitable...possibly with Iran. Bolton said he would bomb Iran once upon a time years ago. Remember John McCain and his "Beach Boys" riff?  "Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran?" Only now we have other players too. Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Wednesday. Our 3 sons are all in the their 50's! The advantage of being old is that your "kids" are old too! :)
      November 16, 2016 2:01 AM MST

I cannot trust any politician to do what they say.  When Bush I went into Iraq during the first Gulf War, Cheney advised him not to advance to Baghdad because it would be like opening Pandora's Box.  Fast forward to Bush II and Cheney is chomping at the bit to get involved in Iraq and eliminate Saddam Hussein.  What changed between Bush I and Bush II?  Please don't tell me September 11th because Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with that attack. 

Happy Wednesday to you. :)
      November 16, 2016 9:48 AM MST

I would never send anyone off to war.   If we could trust them we could send imprisoned lifers there.  That is the only group I would vote to send to war.  But we cannot trust them.  So, that point is moot.
      November 16, 2016 8:25 AM MST