Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Morgan Freeman and George Burns both were convincing portraying GOD. They had dignity. Is PET capable of being dignified?

Morgan Freeman and George Burns both were convincing portraying GOD. They had dignity. Is PET capable of being dignified?

Posted - November 17, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie:

I'm BALD.  I'm really, really BALD..  I don't like it.  I'd DO something about it, if it didn't make me look stupid.  I haven't figured out HOW to look STUPID and DIGNIFIED at the same time..

excon
      November 17, 2016 9:15 AM MST

Did you not see a prior question of mine regarding bald men sweetie? How sexy  they are?  Yul Brynner as the King of Siam. Andre Agassi. Telly Savalas. Dwane Johnson/THE ROCK. I was bald for awhile in 2008. Bald on a woman is rarely ever sexy. I'm not sure how  your response pertains to my question though. It matters not. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday excon! :)
      November 18, 2016 2:12 AM MST

• This always makes me smile Rosie.   Enjoy.  :)

November 18, 2016 3:28 AM MST

I don't think they were all that convincing.  Really.  I loved those movies, but they were human takes on God.   They did a good job of fitting what God might do in certain exemplified situations dealing with human problems into a 2 hour time slot.

It was entertaining and thought-provoking on some levels.  

I guess this is why Trump gets away with his actions.  Most people would not recognize God for real if he was standing right in front of them.  If someone acts powerful and loud and gets away with it in this age of insanity, people think they have supernormal powers.  That is not power.  That is a bunch of people giving THEIR power away to a despotic maniac.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2016 11:30 PM MST
      November 17, 2016 9:17 AM MST

• Dignity, gravitas, and a gentle wit are desirable features in a POTUS.
    These are the traits of a pleasant manner -- ie part of the external packaging, the cosmetic aspect of diplomacy.
    And Trump will never have them no matter how hard he tries.

But what is far more important is whether he is capable of learning how to do the job, and if not, whether he will accept advice from people who are better researchers and thinkers.
    Some presidents, like Reagan, are not much more than puppets for the people behind them.
    So far he seems cunning (like a fox running on gut instincts) rather than intelligent.
    Considering how unpredictable he was during his campaign, we really don't know exactly how he will turn out.

The only things we can be sure of are that he is misogynist, against Hispanics, Muslims and illegals, and for big business and unlimited profits.
    He might also be a protectionist and isolationist on trade matters - but that is still uncertain.
    I'm not sure how useful it is trying to guess.
    I think at this stage we just have to wait and see. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 18, 2016 2:12 AM MST
      November 17, 2016 7:32 PM MST

He told us what he is going to do hartfire. Either he lied or he means it. There is no mystery there. He is abrasive/revengeful/coarse/vulgar/insulting. Just what we want negotiating on our behalf with heads of foreign countries. Wait to see what he will do?  He will continue to do grave damage to our country and by extension to the world. I have no hope that anything will be better on his watch moving forward. He either means what he said or he is a liar. Take your pick. Which do you prefer? I find either choice disgusting, disheartening, disgraceful, disappointing . Thank you for your reply hartfire.
      November 18, 2016 2:15 AM MST

Actually, I think these two actors were way off portraying God the Almighty. 
      November 19, 2016 11:35 PM MST

Actually, I think these two actors were way off portraying God the Almighty. 
      November 19, 2016 11:36 PM MST