Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Misfits band together. Geeks cling to one another. They're rejected by society.. They only have one another. Is that sad/great? Why?

Misfits band together. Geeks cling to one another. They're rejected by society.. They only have one another. Is that sad/great? Why?

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

Sometimes I wish recluses can band together and keep each other company. :(
    But at the same time I like my solitude.
      November 18, 2016 9:32 AM MST

I've always been a misfit Patch.  I never fit in anywhere. In grammar school I skipped a few grades which made the  others think I was weird. I guess I was and still am. To top that off I was painfully shy. You can imagine how comfy I was going to school every day. So what do you do? You become a loner. I am that. In Junior College we misfits started our own sorority. I kid you not. We rushed the popular sororities and no one wanted us.  So we made our own and did quite well actually. I am drawn to loners . We respect one another's space and mindset and never intrude uninvited. I admire folks who are very gregarious. I just don't know how to  be like that. You might wonder why am I here on an internet social site asking so many questions every day. Here's why. I come and go as I like. I  say what I want. I talk to folks that I like and I ignore those I don't. I leave when I want . So it works out perfectly for me. I love my solitude . It refreshes me and replenishes me. I am not at all social in my real life. I have my Jim. I have my friend Wilma across the street but she is a Scorpio like me too and we respect distance a lot. I guess in a way we recluses do band together. You and I are here on Answermug talking about it, right?  Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 19, 2016 6:19 AM MST

• Hmmm it's good they have each other but no one should feel they arent accepted.. well other than rapists and child molesters.. 
      November 18, 2016 9:37 AM MST

I am a misfit Addb. I always have been and I always will be. I'm a loner. I was a painfully shy child so I didn't know how to reach out to others and make friends. The child within me is still alive and well and remembers. Only misfits can understand what it's like to be one. I relate well to them since I am one of them.  Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 19, 2016 6:22 AM MST

Not everyone rejects geeks and misfits. Not only would that be unkind but we would miss out on all those people have to offer.
      November 18, 2016 10:11 AM MST

How do YOU know?  This is not even true.  

All boys are stronger than girls.
    All girls like to bake.

Keep up the nonsense.  There are misfits and there are geeks and there are nerds and guess what?  They have come into their own now.  They are the ones that are considered enviable.  Not the robotic boor that can bench 350.

Misfits come in all shapes and kinds.  There are criminal misfits.  Some band together and some are serial killers and some are welcomed with open arms wherever they land.

You just cannot make silly statements like that.   Sometimes these people are on the edges of society.  Sometimes there are other factors that keep them lonely.  And there is strength in numbers.  But not ALL misfits, geeks and nerds fit into your neat little package. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 11:38 AM MST
      November 18, 2016 10:25 AM MST