Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you reactive or pro-active?

Are you reactive or pro-active?

I am almost entirely reactive.. even i don't know what I am going to do most of the time..I never plan, I never scheme, I never think ahead, or almost never.. I just rely on myself to act accordingly when needed in any given situation..

I think it's a good thing.. mostly.. it means little stress, lots of time to appreciate the moment and no worry, or very little.. 

The bad side is that as I say even i don't know how I am going to react to something, the results can be unpredictable.. and there's always a chance I will react badly or unwisely and do something in the heat of the moment.. 

The bad side is also that I cannot seem to think strategically..  and there are times when if I did things differently, I would get better results...  

The bad side is that I am not as such in control :P

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

I got a bit and a lot of both. It will vary from case to case, based on several factors... Importance, mood, cause, involved among others.
      November 18, 2016 4:00 PM MST

• That would be the best thing if you can sometimes think things over and play smart.. I admire people who have that ability.. I always just react.. it's good and bad.
      November 18, 2016 4:04 PM MST

I won't be rational every time, but most of the times I manage to keep myself keeping focus.
      November 18, 2016 4:10 PM MST

• Sometimes reactive - usually when I'm overtired or below par.
    Most of my responses are consciously chosen: feel the emotion, then choose the way of expressing the response.
      November 18, 2016 4:09 PM MST

I don't know about your sides.   I can see you have a lot of energy, the way you answer.

I can define your persona in a bunch of different ways though.

I think you may (not that you show it on here at ALL) I think you may have ADD.  Attention deficit disorder,    My girlfriend  has it and  she is just brilliant, always multi-tasking, but she cannot sit still long and is always thinking and planning what to do next while she is doing something else.

If that doesn't seem much like you, maybe you can tell me why not and we will go from there.

I know this.  It is best to be completely comfortable in your own skin and if you have to sit still it should be just as enjoyable as moving on to the next thing. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 4:18 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 4:09 PM MST

• WOW! I have only just seen this but wow! Yes I am very sure i have ADD.. my kids all have that diagnosis.. and i know, I think, where they inherited it from :P  So yes I have lots, and lots of energy, even when i am run down and tired, I can still pull energy and passion out of the hat and act like I am not tired...I can go for longer and harder, (lol we are talking work here I think) than most.. 

There are lots of good things about ADD and my personality..being reactive is good and bad... sometimes I could be smarter and think before I say stuff but then again saying what i think hasn't harmed me so far :P
      November 26, 2016 5:07 AM MST

• As long as you can explain what you meant (something I've seen your posts do more than once), it should cause few problems.  :)
      November 26, 2016 5:10 AM MST

• thank you x
      November 26, 2016 5:16 AM MST

• I often feel very relaxed around people like you.
    It gives me permission to feel that it's okay to just let all my feelings hang out in the open, very liberating and enjoyable.
      November 26, 2016 6:23 AM MST

• Aw thank you and you have that exactly right.. I say what i think and I don't lie or manipulate or pretend.. so that means you can say anything and I always do the same :) 
      November 26, 2016 7:38 AM MST