Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A world without borders only or best works when everywhere is the same. Are we there yet?

A world without borders only or best works when everywhere is the same. Are we there yet?

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

I hope that was rhetorical because you KNOW we are so far from that still.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 11:18 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 11:16 PM MST

• I think the more overpopulated the world becomes, the more fiercely territories and resources will be defended.
      November 19, 2016 1:25 AM MST

Not there.  Not going there.  Run away from it.  Discourage it.  Refuse to accept it.
      November 19, 2016 6:19 PM MST

And thus does the Kin Selector perpetuate the Evil in the world.

Because MY family, MY village, MY tribe, MY religious sect, MY nation-state, etc. are the only REAL people, and everyone else is Not Quite Human. And since they are Not Quite Human, it's OK to treat them differently from REAL people. This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at November 19, 2016 6:26 PM MST
      November 19, 2016 6:25 PM MST

• Should everywhere be the same?
      November 19, 2016 6:24 PM MST

• It would certainly reduce the pleasure of enjoying all the variety.
    Who would get to choose which "same" dominated?
    And if it became a blend of it all -- everyone coffee coloured, wearing all brown clothes of the same shape, living in brown houses, eating brown soup, listening to white noise musac...
    just can't see it. Humans can't stand boredom and we are irrepressibly inventive.
    Even if we homogenised everything, diversity would soon re-emerge.
      November 20, 2016 12:11 AM MST