Active Now

Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why are there always so many Trump adds on the front page of AB?

Why are there always so many Trump adds on the front page of AB?

Ads. I tried to delete and start over, but it doesn't work! Trump already won, so what's up with that? Also Hillary.

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

Front page of AB? I thought this was AM. Didn't AB shut down?
      November 18, 2016 10:00 PM MST

This is Answer Mug not AB.  I've never seen an ad in my life, but I never log out either.  I see the ones on the site but not anything like that.  Ewwwww.

November 18, 2016 10:59 PM MST

If you're referring to here, I don't know what you're referring to. The other day you commented that a regular member posting photos was ads, so it makes it harder to discern whether you're looking at the activity feed with all site activity on it or if you're actually looking at an ad. 

The FAQ section has tips on how to filter your feed, so you can look at more of the types of content you want to see. The only actual ad that might display something about Trump are the Google ads, which are supposed to be tailored to your preferences. I can remove all political ads from them if need be. 

Feel free to grab a screenshot and email it to me if you want it looked into.
      November 19, 2016 11:51 AM MST

• She said "adds". That's hipster talk for posts. "I'm totally adding to this."
      November 19, 2016 11:56 AM MST

I'm realizing these posts are ads on my iPhone. They totally take up the space instead of your ads. That's insane! Is there something I can do to protest this? 
      November 19, 2016 12:23 PM MST

Yes go outside and scream and holler and set something on fire.  That's the ticket.
      November 19, 2016 5:44 PM MST