Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What's your Thanksgiving menu?

What's your Thanksgiving menu?

We are having French food, but I don't know the menu yet. What's yours? Last year we had an Indian menu. (From India.) Before that--British. Seems my friends are world travelers! I just travel with food! Next year? Probably Italy.

Posted - November 23, 2016

Responses

• Well French food is world famous... Italian is to die for, my favourite things all in one, pasta, pizza, ice-cream, prosecco,  but lol the mind boggles.. what on earth could you have had for the British menu??  I am a Brit as you may know but we aren't exactly known for our cuisine :P  Fish and chips? Jam Roly Poly and custard? :)
      November 23, 2016 9:13 AM MST

As I remember, we had Shepherd's Pie, fried talapia, fried yams (chips), a salad of some sort, tea party desserts---cupcakes & cookies. I don't remember everything, but one of my friends worked for a U.K. company here in the US and was always traveling there, so she knew pretty much what to fix. We, ladies, also made some hats for the occasion, because we know the British do love their hats. It was a fun celebration! 
      November 23, 2016 9:26 AM MST

• We love hats? Can you remember what sort of hats they were.
      November 24, 2016 12:01 AM MST

• Pointy hats, like wizard hats, or those hats with flaps on the sides, for butter churning or grape stumping. 
    Or queen type hats, royalty kind of hats. You know?
    Even the princess, Emma Watson wears those flat and to the side little numbers.
      November 24, 2016 2:55 AM MST

• a day will pass by when you don't refer to butter churning, Harry Potter or the queen!

You didn't mention the furry ones.

Don't listen to this man )
      November 24, 2016 3:12 AM MST

• Now, that would be a good title for the next installment..  Harry Potter and the butter churning Queen.
      November 24, 2016 3:29 AM MST

• In a village, and the protagonist says terribly, terribly sorry while accosting someone with a handbag )
      November 24, 2016 3:31 AM MST

• Yes have to have the village,  and bridges and dark woods. And Lords.
    lords for many things. 
      November 24, 2016 3:34 AM MST

• Hey, don't tell them that. British 'cuisine' is the finest carb-based cuisine in Northern Europe.
    We have plenty of culinary gems to brag about.
    (Jam roly poly - never saw the point of that. Just as you've stuffed yourself with said carbs, you're then expected to eat a suet-based pudding. My mum was forced to make it all the time. It was depressing).

(go fish 'n' chips)
      November 23, 2016 11:59 PM MST

• Sounds fun and yes Shepherds pie is a favourite here :) Not heard of talapia and yams are rare here but a bit of inventiveness is a cool thing :)
      November 23, 2016 9:31 AM MST

We do traditional Thanksgiving menu. 
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet potatoes
    Baked beans
    Doubled eggs
    Potato salad
    Candied Carrots
    Corn
    Green beans
    Salad

Apple pie
    Cherry pie
    Pecan pie
    Ice cream Pumpkin pie
    Banana cream pie
      November 23, 2016 9:42 AM MST

I don't know...I am going to my daughter's house.
      November 23, 2016 9:53 AM MST